Kindness Kills A Murderer

Start from the beginning

However, while life was a bit repetitive, you never regretted quitting.

Especially when a certain auburn haired, green eyed boy starting worming his way into your life.

"Hi, (Y/ N)," he greeted, after seeing you at the cafe you worked at for a week.

"Um, hi, uh," you trailed off, not knowing his name.

He stuck his hand out. "Hiccup. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third," he finished.

You smiled. "Nice name. I like it."

He blinked but laughed. "Oh, do you?" You nodded. "That's a first. Most people think my name is, well, dumb. I don't stray far them."

You kindly shook your head in disagreement. "Don't sell yourself short, kid."

He chuckled, "Kid? I'm twenty one. How old are you?"

"Twenty one," you more of asked then answered, then nodded to confirm it. "Yeah, twenty one."

"So we're the same age, and I'm not a kid. Anymore."

You let out a snort that was a lot like a laugh.

"You don't laugh a lot, do you?" he analyzed.

"Not often, no. Why?"

He folded his hands together, letting his elbows rest on the table while his chin rested on his entwined knuckles. "I think you have a pretty laugh. I just made it my mission to make you laugh every day."

You almost declined, but remembered you now had a choice about making friends. "Hmm, so, a friend?" you couldn't help but ask.

"Yup," he nodded, with a smile.

"I've never had a friend before," you admitted.

"Really? A pretty girl like you shouldn't be alone," he stated, making you blush. You had never blushed before, other than from anger. "Don't worry, I'm honored to be your first friend."

"How many friends do you have?"

"Uh, five, not including my dog, Toothless."

"Oh, cool," you said, not knowing what else to say.

"Can I have your number?"

"My what? Number?"

"You don't get out much, do you? Your phone number, so we can call and text."

"Oh, y- yeah here," you stuttered, pulling out your old flip phone.

"Old timer," he joked, not looking up as he punched in his number. "Here you go. I sent myself a text so I should have your number."

"Okay." You looked at his phone to see he texted himself Gotta love me ;). You laughed softly but excused yourself to leave, seeing as your shift at the cafe had ended before you started talking to Hiccup.

You texted almost all day every day, chatting a minute here and there at work and for a few minutes after work. A week later, you learned he lived right across the hall from you one day while you were running late to work. After that, he joined you on your trips to the park, which was sometimes cancelled so you could hang out at his place or yours.

You knew just about everything about him, and he knew everything about you. Everything except your past. You avoided talking about you past. Sometimes, he brought the subject up but let it go whenever you quickly changed the topic.

What both surprised and intrigued you was his kindness. You had never known someone to be as selfless and kind as him. He was patient and whenever he said a term or phrase you didn't exactly understand, he explained it or showed you the movie or tv show it came from. He taught you to ride a bike (which he thought it funny that you didn't know how) and stuff that young adults do. He of course, preferred reading, much to your excitement.