Chapter 22.2

"As if you were on fire from within.

The moon lives in the lining of your skin."

-Pablo Neruda,

poet, novelist, politician and winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1971

"Jihye" my mother called for me, "There's someone at the door asking for you."

"Who is it?" I asked as I approached her in the hallway.

"A girl named Saerom."

"Saerom?" I wondered for a short moment before going over to the front door.

"Hello Jihye" she greeted me with a smile as I opened the door for her.

I smiled back, "How are you?"

"I'm fine" she bit her lower lip, "but I actually came here to discuss something with you if it's alright."

"Of course. Why don't you come in?" I stepped aside to let enter.

After leading her to my room and taking a seat, I noticed how nervous she seemed.

"Is everything okay?"

She scratched the back of her head, "There's something I want to ask you."

"Go on. Don't be nervous!" I gave her a pat on her back.

"It's about Joohyuk" she sighed, "You probably already noticed but it has been a little while since we started spending more time together."

"How could I not? He won't stop talking about you" I laughed naturally to lift the mood.

"H-He does?"

"Why are you so surprised? He values you deeply."

"Is that true?" she slightly blushed.

"Why won't you believe me?" I smiled, "Don't you have an appointment this evening?"

"That's actually the reason I came here for. I want tonight to be special for the both of us."

I grinned like an idiot, "Don't tell me- Are you going to confess?!"

She nodded.

Feeling super happy for both of them, I couldn't help but hug Saerom, "I'm so happy to hear that!"

After letting go, she looked at the ground, "But, I'm actually a little scared. I know that he had a crush on Park Yeji before."

"So what?"

"I'm nothing like her. Anyone would guess that at the first glance. You know what I mean."

"No, I don't actually."

"Her hair, her body, her face. It's all so different from me" she sighed.

"Well of course it is. Everybody is different, you know. It would be impossible for everyone to look the same, wouldn't it?" I smiled warmly.

"That might be true, but I want Joohyuk to like me the same way he liked her. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Listen Saerom," I placed my hand on her shoulder, "Joohyuk's feelings towards you are incomparable with what he felt for her. Back then it was the fantasy of Yeji he liked, but it's different when it comes to you. He adores your personality, shares your humor and admires you in every way you are. He respects his affection towards you in such a deep way, that it would be an insult to compare any of that to Yeji."

"I think I really needed that encouragement" she let out a deep breath, "I feel so much better right now."

"Are you sure?" I laughed, "You look like you're about to cry."

She smiled back at me, "It's just that I feel like my heart is about to burst."

That was the day Joohyuk confessed his affection towards Saerom before she had the chance to.