Chapter 21

"Let's appreciate each other without regretting, okay?"

I chuckled, "Is that a confession?"

"It sounds kind of cheesy when you put it like that" he scratched the back of his neck.

"Let's appreciate each other without regretting" I spoke in a deep tone, imitating Taehyung, "saying stuff like that isn't cheesy or what?"

"Since you're like a stone when it comes to expressing affection, at least I have to say romantic things like that."

"And calling me a stone is romantic?"

"Well-"

I surprised Taehyung by leaning in and placing a kiss on his cheek.

He smiled adorably, "The cutest stone ever."

Looking so cute smiling, I even thought about pinching his cheek for a moment but hesitated as he averted his gaze.

"Oh, by the way" he turned back to me, "I moved out of that house."

My eyes widened a little, "Wait, what?"

"As I said, I don't want to stay under the roof of a house that woman funds anymore so I moved out. I have had put away some savings from a few years ago when I wanted to try working part time like other students did. I will start looking for another one tomorrow."

"But where are you going to stay for the time being?" I asked worriedly.

"Would you let me sleep at your place?"

I slightly blushed, "Uhm- I don't know- there's my mother.. and- uhm" I stuttered like an idiot.

He grinned as he pinched my cheek, "I was joking. Joohyuk offered me to stay at his place for the time being. No need to blush, naughty one."

"What are you talking about, idiot? Who's blushing?" I placed my hands on his cheeks, pinching them from both sides, "Now let's see if it's normal or not to get a reddish face when someone squeezes your face like that."

"Try as much as you want, I won't become a tomato like you" he claimed proudly.

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Definitely."

"Good luck then" I said in a calm voice, leaning in and kissing his forehead softly while we kept our hands on each other's faces still pinching one other.

Without putting up a fight, he let go, smiling like an idiot, "I admit defeat."

Talking for hours and making up for the time we lost during this whole time being apart, the rest of the night went over in an instant.

-

The next day, in the classroom, 10 minutes before class

"You have to keep it down this night. You snored like a boar" Joohyuk nudged Taehyung's arm as he complained loudly.

"Good morning" I greeted both of them as I seated myself at my desk.

Taehyung revealed a bright grin as he saw me, "Good morning."

"Did you sleep well? How was the night?"

Joohyuk sighed, "I didn't get any sleep. Your boyfriend's snoring raised the roof."

"Well, technically he's not my boyfriend. He didn't even ask me out yet" I smirked.

"Oh yeah?" he asked with a half grin, "Then should I ask someone else out?"

"Why not ask Joohyuk? You're staying at the same house anyway" I winked.

Joohyuk sighed, "Very funny. Now shut up or I will break your other leg as well. My heart is owned by Saerom."

"The library girl?"

"Stop calling her library girl when you already know her name."

-

After lunch break

"I even fell down a few stairs as I was looking for the bathroom last night."

"Not our problem when you're an idiot" Joohyuk laughed, "Now stop complaining, you look fine to me."

"That's because you didn't see my knees" Taehyung responded a little louder without noticing, "they're both really sore, you know."

"Stop fighting already" I sighed, "You both head back first. I will go to the restroom then follow."

Both of them nodded, "Be careful."

As I entered the restroom and stopped by the mirror to check if I looked okay, I unintentionally overheard a conversation between two girls from our neighboring class.

"You know, people saw them coming to school together and heard them talking openly about their relationship."

"Really? They did?"

"Totally. They talked about how one of them snored loudly and even admitted having sore knees because of last night."

"How inappropriate, talking about such things at school."

"I know right? But it was no surprise when you think about it. Joohyuk always cared about his appearance more than other boys did."

Without giving it a second thought, I approached the girls, "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but rather catched you talking about Joohyuk unintentionally. What's with him?"

"You didn't know? I thought you were close friends" one of the girls responded.

"Maybe they ended their friendship because both of them were in love with the same person?" the other girl whispered to the first one loud enough for me to hear.

"What the heck are you actually talking about?" I asked impatiently.

"Well, Joohyuk and Taehyung are apparently dating."