Chapter 11

After managing taking a shower and putting on the borrowed clothes, I stepped out of the bathroom, "And here I present you our new fall collection for-" I stopped as I noticed Taehyung's snoring.

Supporting myself with the aid of the wall, I hobbled over to Taehyung to check if he was really asleep or just pretending.

After confirming that he was really sleeping, I bent over, still being supported by the wall, and whispered to him, "Sweet dreams." He must have been really tired from the hike and carrying me.

Afterwards I grabbed my backpack and took my lunch box out.

Good thing we were short on time and forgot to eat the lunch boxes because I was starving and those boxes were the only edible things in our room. I gulped everything down in a minute.

Afterwards I took my cellphone and texted Taehyung in case he woke up from hunger, informing him about his lunch box which was still in my backpack.

I turned off the lamp next to my bed before lying down and closing my eyes.

It was probably because we spent the whole day together or because his snoring raised the roof but all I thought about before falling asleep was strangely Taehyung.

How he brought me to that place to watch the stars, how he told me things he never talked about before and how worried he was that he literally carried me.

It felt nice having a third person besides my mother and Joohyuk who was that nice to me.

His presence was like a giant hug; comforting, warm and giving the feeling of being safe.

-

Kim Taehyung

I woke up feeling hungry.

I reached out for my cell phone to check the time and saw a new message.

After reading the message Jihye left behind I stood up, looking for her backpack everywhere.

I approached her bed, making an effort not to make a sound and wake her up. As I stood next to her bed, I grabbed the lunch box out of her bag along with a pair of chopsticks which she had wrapped with paper towels.

I was about to hop back into my bed but stopped as I noticed her smiling to herself in her sleep.

I crouched down to her level and watched how she kept on smiling and smiled along unknowingly.

"You have a good heart, Im Taeyeong" she said out of nowhere while sleeping.

Without me even thinking, my body acted on its own and moved my hand to her hair and caressed it.

Not being able to give a reason for this sudden sentiment, I thought about how strong she actually was but never showed it in our training, being afraid she'd hurt anyone.

"Sweet dreams" I whispered before standing up and returning to my own bed to eat my lunch box.

It was strange but it was the first time I thought so much of someone besides my parents.

-

Seung Jihye

I woke up to the sound of someone calling my name. As I opened my eyes, I realized it was Taehyung.

"What time is it?" I asked half asleep.

"Six o'clock" he shouted from the bathroom.

"But it's Sunday" I whined.

"Yeah, but Jeongyeol Ahjusshi is going to the town to buy some groceries. He'll let us off at the hospital to get your leg checked."

"Mhm" I mumbled as I cuddled with my pillow.

"Did you stand up?" Taehyung shouted from the bathroom while washing his face.

Since I didn't respond, he came back into the room yelling my name, "Yaaah Seung Jihye! Stand up!"

"In five minutes" I muttered, "I promise."

"I give you exactly five seconds" he stepped next to my bed.

"Or what?" I snuggeled up a little tighter to my pillow.

He pulled away my blanket, "This."

"Wow, I don't have a blanket anymore. I'm scared to death" I said sarcastically.

He rose an eyebrow, "I can go further than this."

"Keep on babbling. You are so boring, everything you say seems like a lullaby to me."

"Fine, Jihye" he threw my blanket back on me and then went back to the bathroom. A moment later he returned.

"Yah Jihye" he called out.

"What?!" I whined frustated as I sat up, accidently hitting a vase Taehyung had filled with water and held above my head. He spilled the water on my head and jersey.

"Oh shit" he suppressed his laughter, "I swear I just wanted to intimidate you."

I stood up in an instant, holding on to the wall, "The day of your death has come, Kim Taehyung!"

He ran into the bathroom and came back with a towel on his shoulder before I could even reach him.

"Am I a joke to you?!" I asked angrily, still hobbling towards the door of the bathroom.

"Yes" he laughed.

I desperately attempted to attack him but he easily stopped me by holding back my arm. He was choking his laughter when he placed my arm around his neck and helped me to get to the bathroom.

"Wait here" he ordered me as he left me waiting on top of the closed toilet lid.

A few seconds later he came back with a chair from the bedroom and placed it in front of the sink. "I'd love to watch your desperate attempts of attacking me a little longer but we don't have much time" he signalized me to sit down on the chair.

I did as he told me and continued looking at him through the mirror.

He removed the towel from his shoulder and threw it on my head. Then he took one of the two white toothbrushes from the little shelf next to the sink and thrust it into my hand along with a tube of toothpaste, "Ahjusshi gave them to me this morning. Hurry and brush your teeth, we don't have much time" he still had a bright smile on his face.

As I started brushing my teeth, he started drying off my hair with the towel.

After rinsing out my mouth, I directed my gaze at his reflection on the mirror, "Do you think I'm a baby?"

"Yes" he replied as he stopped and threw the towel over his shoulder and went back to the bedroom, "Now hurry and change. I'm going to wait outside."

After changing, we were droven to the hospital where I got examined and the doctor plastered my right leg and gave me a pair of crutches.