The Finale (End)

(Hey, this is going to be the last chapter in this story... I think... Anyway! I hope you enjoy it and it might be a little sad, maybe, I don't know yet. I had a lot of fun creating this story, and thank you all for reading it! I honestly didn't think anyone would, and thank you for your wonderful comments and suggestions and patience. And sorry that I took long breaks from writing, thank you again, and enjoy the last chapter of Away)

Lapis was sitting in the barn with Steven and Pumpkin, they were talking about movies and different kinds of music, anything to keep their minds off of Peridot. The water gem looked up and looked at Steven "Do you think you can heal her?" Steven looked a Lapis "I can try" he offered and Lapis got the bubble down. The bubble popped and Peridot's gem fell in her lap, they watched if for a few seconds to see if it would do anything, when Lapis lightly poked it the gem started to glow. The gem reformed still corrupted and looked at them, she backed away from Lapis and ran for the door. Steven jumped up and ran into Peridot causing her to stop moving, Steven licked his hand and touched Peridot's gem. The corruption made a screeching sound and ran away from Steven, she ran around him and out of the barn, when she got out she tripped and fell face first in the grass. The corruption got up and ran in the woods, Lapis and Steven ran after her, the tiny child summoned his shield and threw it at Peridot. It hit her back right leg causing her to lose balance and fall over rolling down a hill into a clearing. Lapis ran over and picked her up only to get bitten, the water gem accidentally dropped Peridot and looked at the bite mark while holding her down with her other hand. The bite looked pretty bad, it started to turn a purple-white color with a little light blue. Peridot's beak was stuck in the ground, she was squirming and making strange choking noises. Lapis looked at her and started to cry for one thought passed through her mind; 'I'm going to have to kill her.' Lapis didn't know where it came from or why it was there, it didn't sound like her, but it was and it was true. Lapis Lazuli would have to get rid of Peridot one way or another. The water gem hugged the corrupted gem "I don't want to! I can't! Peridot please, come back! Let this be a dream! I can't do it!" The former technician looked at Lapis, freed her beak from the dirt and bit Lapis' arm again. Lapis took this as a sigh, she wouldn't have to kill Peridot if she were corrupted as well. Lapis hugged Peridot and fused with her, Steven ran over and stared at the fusion. "L-Lapis?" He called "wh-what did you do?" The messed up fusion looked at him before responding with, "I'm freeing us, we'll be able to live together, forever." They smiles and unfused, Lapis walked over to Steven and hugged him "Thank you Steven" she said before walking over to Peridot and blacking out.

————————————————

Thank you so much for reading this story, I hope you enjoyed it! Have a good day! Bye!