Go away!

When Peridot reformed Lapis was out with Steven, the small gem got up and walked out of the barn. She looked around called up the water tower for Lapis, when she didn't get an answer she walked in the woods to find her favorite tree. She sat in front of the tree and started playing with the leaves until she heard someone running up to her, she scurried away on all fours trying to get away from whoever is chasing her.

"Peridot!" Lapis called trying to get her to stop running away. Peridot ignored her and kept running, Lapis picked up Peridot who screamed and tried to get away. "Peridot Stop!" The small gem froze, she looked at Lapis who loosened her grip in Peridot "what do you want?" Lapis looked surprised by the question "I wanted to take you home..." Peridot jumped out of Lapis' arms and grabbed a branch pulling herself up. Peridot looked at Lapis but didn't say anything before walking out of sight in the cluster of leaves. "Peridot?" Lapis called "please answer me..." there was a few minutes of silence before Peridot spoke up, "go away" she whispered, Lapis' eyes stung and she couldn't hear rustling in the leaves "Peridot... What's wrong?" "Nothing." She responded quickly "why are you lying to me?" "Go away!" "Peridot I'm sorry!" There was no response, just the soft sound of breathing "why?" Lapis was once again surprised by Peridot's question "What do you mean?" "Why do you care? Why are you sorry? I'm the one holding you back! I'm the one who kept you prisoner! Why are you apologizing!? You did nothing wrong!" Lapis looked at the ground "I'm sorry for not giving you a chance..." "You didn't have to! You just needed time! I was to stupid to realize that!" Lapis looked at the tree where Peridot would be, Peridot got out of the tree and walked away. Lapis watched Peridot go, she heard Garnet calling to her "Go get her Lapis!" Lapis smiled and ran for Peridot.