I will steal your heart tonight

"Psst..Nagisa, wake up!"

My eyes fluttered open, taking in the blurry figure reflected in the mirror of the guest room.  Before I could think twice, I  jumped into a defensive position, my fists protecting my rib cage, and stood with a loose gait, ready to flee at any given moment. But as my eyes adjusted to the light, I was so shocked by what I saw that I actually dropped my guard. 

It was the ex-assassin Kaito. We used to do missions together, but then he decided to steal instead. He's made himself a sensation, and I have to admit, his new profession totally suits him. It puts his talents to better uses. But I thought we were done, so why is he here?

"I know you must be wondering why I'm here..." I rolled my eyes, so predictable. 

"But I've heard about your situation," finished Kaito. 

"Oh yeah, so do you know about how I've been turned into a child along with teen detective Jimmy Kudo who I've been crushing on?" 

Kaito smirked, like he knew something I didn't. 

"Speaking of crushes, why are you living in Karma's house when you know how much he liked you back in junior high?"

I blinked at him, "Karma liked me? But I asked him out twice and he rejected me both times,"

"He wanted to accept. I know he did. But he had to hide his sexuality from his parents, or they would have put him in a situation similar to yours," Kaito looked at me pointedly. 

I sighed, "This whole situation just got a lot more complicated, didn't it?"

"It's always been this complicated," said Kaito, "Now you have to decide. Are you going to pine over a straight pretty boy or go for the kid you know likes you back!"

 "It looks like I'm going to keep pining over the straight pretty boy," I said sharply, leaving no room for argument. 

Kaito threw his hands up, "I give up. Just be careful. Kudo's more dangerous than you think,"

Kaito disappeared in a cloud of smoke, before I could think to ask him what he meant.