Matthew Bellamy -@Xx_Mercynary_xX

Requested by; Xx_Mercynary_xX

~~~

"The couple's relationship is infamous for their significant age gap, which morals are questionable. Bellamy's partner of one year in secrecy resembles the structure of a college student. Many critiques are judging harshly the pair for being in such a relationsh-"

Matt ripped the magazine from your hands.

He'd been pacing the room as you were reading the crude article aloud about your relationship with him.

"Stop reading these." he said tiredly, tossing the magazine to the other side of the room.

It landed on the couch messily.

Matt sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he fell back onto a chair.

"Why are they so crude about everything?" you questioned aloud.

"They speak about me like I'm some kind of secondary school student."

"Y/N," Matt sat up, hanging his head for a moment before looking back up at you with those blue eyes that you adored so much.

"You're 21."

"I know." you replied.

"I'm 36."

"I know." you replied, putting emphasis on the 'know'.

"It's not an issue to me, but to the world, I'm too old for you, and you're too young for me. You just have to say fuck it and ignore what they say." he says.

"Why does age have to be an issue? I'm a legal, consenting adult. And so are you!" you state.

Matt gazes at you with sad eyes for a moment.

"I just wish they'd stop separating us." you let out, quietly.

"Y/N..." Matt sighs, getting up from his spot and coming over to you.

He sits down on the couch next to you, and picks you up, setting you in his lap.

Usually that would be comforting, but right now it just made you feel even smaller.

"The age gap doesn't bother me, and I don't want it to bother you. The media can say whatever the fuck they want, but it wont change the fact that I love you. Alright?" he says.

"I love you, too." you give in.

"Now... come on munchkin."

"Shut the fuck up!" you punch his arm as you both laugh.

He pecks you on the lips quickly before standing up and guiding you to the kitchen to find food.