Jeff Beck -@Beck-Ola

Requested by; Beck-Ola

~~~

The rain was getting stronger and stronger.

You'd been sitting in the living room watching television, trying to block out the horrible storm that began as a small drizzle just this morning.

You turned up the volume on the television.

You pulled the edges of the blanket closer to your face.

Then, a light flashed through the room, and then everything turned off.

You shook as you bundled up on the couch, and you just about jumped three feet in the air when a loud BOOM followed behind the light.

"Oh, god!" You squeaked out into the dark room.

You grabbed the blanket and shuffled around the dark room, not really being able to see anything in the dark.

You hit your foot on the table just as another flash of light zipped through the room, the loud rumble of thunder following almost immediately behind it.

You screamed and fell over, curling up on the floor.

"Jeff!" You screamed.

"Are you okay?!" You heard him scream out, and you heard heavy foot steps coming from the stairs.

"The power's out!" You shouted.

Suddenly another flash of lightning appeared with the thunderous boom and you saw Jeff enter the living room with a flashlight.

It went dark again for a moment before he turned on the flashlight and shone it in your direction.

"Did you fall?" he asked, helping you up, voice slightly raised to speak over the rain.

"Yeah," you said, hugging him once you were standing.

He hugged you back tightly.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." you responded.

Thunder sounded and you flinched, hugging him tighter.

"Let's go upstairs." he said, quickly moving both of you as he looked out the window.

You nodded and both of you made it upstairs quickly.

Once you were in your room, he set you on the bed.

"Stay here..." he said, moving around the room and looking in drawers.

He pulled out some candles from random places and went into the bathroom, grabbing the matches and lighting them as he placed them around the room, giving it a dim, slightly romantic glow.

It would have been more romantic if it weren't pouring outside violently.

When that was done, he came back over to the bed, sitting down.

"There we go..." he said, looking around the dimly lit room.

"Better?" he asked as he turned towards you.

"Bett-"

Another rumble of thunder cut you off.

You squeaked and went under the covers.

Jeff chuckled lightly as he pulled his shirt off and got under the covers.

"It's alright. I'm sure it'll be gone by morning." he said, wrapping an arm around you and kissing the top of your head.

You laid against him for a majority of the night.

Both of you just staring at the ceiling and glancing over at the window, watching nature take its course.

It was violent but somehow beautiful at the same time.

Finally, around two a.m. the rain had died down, and the thunder and lightning had ceased all together.

"We made it through the storm..." Jeff whispered in a sleepy voice.

"We did." you replied back, the same sleep dripping off of your words.

You turned your head to look at him and he smiled at you before kissing you softly.

You kissed back, also smiling.

When the two of you parted, you curled up against him and he wrapped his arms around you securely before both of you fell asleep, calmer than you had been in ages.