They Didn't Know

"talking"
thinking
Kurama talking in the mind
'Kurama thinking'
---------:Dreams and Flashbacks
'Memory quotes'
=====:Scene Change

Sasuke POV

     We've been walking for a while now, and Naruto wasn't shouting like an idiot, again. I turned to look at the dobe and he had the same glossed over eyes again. What the hell's up with him? It wasn't like him to be silent during...any occasion.

Usuratonkachi..

"You too?"

I turned around to the voice.

"Hn?"

     "I said you've been noticing him too, huh?" said Neji. "Heh, so I'm not crazy," I replied. "It's not like him to be so quiet," said Shikamaru, who joined the conversation, "He's been acting a bit more jumpy, like when you were talking to him at the Hokage's Tower earlier."

"Wait, you saw that?"

     "Uh, yeah? If anything, what's more troublesome than a loud Naruto? A quiet one." "Hn," the other two said. Shikamaru sighed, "Troublesome.."

Naruto POV

I've been trying to be "Naruto" for a while but it's getting harder every minute. Just because I'm not gonna be back home for the Festival doesn't mean I'll act any less different around the time. I think some of the others have already caught on. Crap. Kura, I don't know what to do...

*cough cough* tell them the truth *cough cough.* NO WAY! They'll hate me forever..They'll hate it more if they find out those bastards have been hurting you your whole life, for no good reason might I add.
...
Oh! Let's not forget how they'll react when they find out you're okay with the daily beatings you get for protecting them from me!
...
You're not catching on are you? Well—Kit, if they were real friends, they won't care that you have me inside you. Frankly I bet they'd be more pissed to find out that the "Annual Fox Hunt" is all about hurting you .

...

Remember last year..at the academy?

...

Kit theyDo your remember?!

...

Yes..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback: 1 year ago /Academy/age 11

Naruto POV

     Crap I'm late!!!! You got beat up again of course you're late. Shut up you stupid fox!! I made to the academy and snuck into the boys bathroom to bandage my self up. There was a nasty carving of 'DIE' on my right wrist. I grimaced at the sight. They really hate me huh...I'm sorry kit..this is all myNo it's not, you were controlled. You didn't do anything wrong. Kurama sighed Oh kit..

I finished bandaging myself and pulled my sleeve over the bandages that were showing, specifically my right wrist. I bolted through the halls, trying to get to class but ran into Iruka-sensei. "Naruto, you're here! And late too," he scolded. "Hehe...sorry 'bout that," I said, putting up a cheeky smile. Iruka sighed, "Why don't you head on over to the classroom, I'll be back in about five to ten minutes tops. Behave, okay?!" I nodded my head, running over to the classroom, "Yes sir!"