Chapter Six: Transition

The Avenger's sat around the meeting table, patiently waiting for Steve to tell them why he called an emergency meeting. 

"Steve? Is everything okay?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah, what's up with the emergency meeting, Rogers?" Tony chimed in.

Steve ran a hand through his perfectly sculpted hair. "Has anyone been in contact with Wanda?" 

Clint leaned forward in his seat. 

"A few days after she got to Sokovia, I lost all contact with her. She hasn't answered any of my calls." Pietro explained. 

"Well, you've been in contact with her, haven't you Vision?" Natasha turned to Vision but when she noticed how disheveled he looked, she turned back to Steve. "Never mind." 

"How long was the last time you guys were in contact with each other?" Sam asked.

Pietro and Steve shared an uneasy look with each other, then looked back at everyone. 

"Three weeks..." Pietro said quietly. 

Clint rubbed his chin looking pissed and annoyed. "We need to find her." 

"Agreed." Steve said. He looked over at Bucky, who was just staring at the wall. He couldn't imagine what Bucky must be feeling. 

Back in Sokovia

I run my hand over the weapon, admiring the beauty but also fearing the pain it could cause. "Tell me, why have you brought me here? Are I not a monster you fear?" I ask, still admiring the weapon. 

"Wanda darling, after seeing your...marvelous powers, I must admit that I was afraid but when I realized how powerful you are, I had to have you on my team." 

I take my eyes off the weapon, only to place them on another weapon. A larger, more terrifying looking weapon. "I'm not some...dangerous toy you can use at your own will." I spoke with my voice low and my accent strong. I had a sudden flashback to Ultron but I shook him out of my mind. 

"Of course not. You would be my...queen. We would rule this world together. Side by side."

My mind was racing. I was doing the right thing. This is where I belong. This is where I should be. "Sounds tempting." I say quietly.

There was a long pause before I received a reply. 

"Tell me my dear Wanda, what could have possibly made you switch over to the dark side? I thought you wanted to help save the world." 

I hear a low chuckle as I stare at my hand and let my hex swirl around it. "It turns out...I'm only better at destroying than saving." I look up. 

"Well Wanda, there is a beauty to destruction and together, we will make the world beautiful." 

He emerges from the dark shadows, and smiles. He holds out his hand, which is masked in a black glove. I stare at him and let a wicked smile appear on my face. I reach out and slip my hand into his. 

"Get ready darling, the whole world is about to know Wanda Maximoff and fear her name and very existence." He said, gleaming with pure lust for power. 

"Now, don't forget about yourself. The whole mastermind behind this ordeal..." I said, pausing for effect. "Roman Valentino." 

Roman gave me a smile that radiated pure evil. His grip on my hand grew tighter, as if he never wanted to let go. We both stared at the massive collection of high-tech weaponry he had. Deep down, I knew this was bad. This was a terrible thing to get myself into. I could picture my friend's faces. The disappointment, the sadness, anger, betrayal. I balled my other hand up into a fist and silently told myself that this is where I belong. This, is who I am. 

Avengers Facility, 2 weeks later

Natasha burst through the doors of the lounge where the Avenger's were chatting and laughing. "Guys...I found Wanda." She turns the TV onto a news channel. 

"For anyone just tuning it, the new S.H.I.E.L.D. facility has been taken over by two people, whose identity's are unknown at the moment."  

The news reporter pauses as someone speaks into her earpiece. 

"We received some news about the two people and we have also obtained a picture from the scene."  A picture appears on the screen beside the news reporter. "The two suspects are confirmed as Roman Valentino and..." The news reporter trails off as she hears who the other suspect is through her earpiece. She looks back up at the camera. "Wanda Maximoff."

Natasha shuts off the TV and doesn't say a word. She looks upset but she quickly masks it with a straight, serious face. 

"Roman. I always knew there was something off about that guy." Tony mumbled. 

"This isn't Wanda. She must be under some sort of mind control, like Bucky!" Pietro said. 

Steve rubbed the back of his neck, looking more defeated than ever.

"It's a possibility. Roman has access to a lot of high-tech weapons. One of them could be a brainwashing device." Tony replied. 

"Damn it." Clint whispered. 

"Clint?" Natasha asked.

He stood up and started pacing around the room. "We should have NEVER let her go." 

Natasha was seeing a side of Clint she's never seen before. He was angry, sad, but mostly worried. 

"She wanted to go. We couldn't have kept her here like some prisoner." Steve said quietly. 

"She's a kid!" Clint slammed his hands down on the coffee table. 

Pietro placed a hand on Clint's shoulder. "We'll get her back. I swear on my life." 

"And mine." Natasha said.

"And mine." 

Everyone looked over at Tony, surprised that he'd said that. 

"You can count on me to die for Wanda." Bucky chimed in. 

Vision stood up next to Bucky. "Me too."

They both shared a look.

Sam sighed. "I guess I don't have a choice." 

Steve stood up with a stern look on his face. "Suit up. Let's get Wanda back."