Chapter Five: Goodbye

It's been 3 weeks since I got shot and was branded as a monster. I've barely left my apartment since I was released from Dr. Helen Cho's care. I am however, making a trip to the Avenger's Facility. I'm not prepared to see everyone. I don't know what they'll say. I shake these negative thoughts out of my mind and head out the door. Tony sent a car for me, which is surprisingly nice of him. I get in and lean my head against the cold window, bracing myself for what's to come.

I enter the facility through the main door and notice every person stops what they're doing and looks at me. I shift my gaze elsewhere and head to the elevator. I press the top floor and patiently wait for the doors to reopen.

When I get off, I head into the lounge area where most of the Avengers are waiting for me. Pietro is the first to see me as I walk in. He get's up and is by me in seconds. We both embrace each other.

"Hi Wanda." Natasha says, as she gets up to hug me. I greet her back and proceed to hug Clint, Steve, Sam and Vision. As Bucky approaches, he looks at me solemnly with those blue eyes of his. He wraps his arms around me delicately. I return the embrace and breathe in his smell. Oh how I've missed him. Even though we aren't together, there is still a strong connection. I know he feels it too. Before we pull away, he whispers in my ear and asks if I'm okay.

"No..." I whisper back, into his shoulder.

We pull back from each other and I go sit down in one of the chairs.

"How have you been, Wanda?" Steve asks. He looks at me in such a way, I don't have to read his mind. He clearly want's the best for me and he truly believes I deserve better. I give him a small smile.

"Not great but everyone has bad days." I reply.

Clint puts an arm around me and kisses the top of my head. "Hang in there, kid."

I close my eyes for a brief second and relish his affection.

"Pietro said you had some news for us." Sam chimed in.

I try to swallow the lump in my throat as I nod weakly. "I, um, I've been thinking a lot lately and I have decided to go back to Sokovia."

The room goes silent as everyone glances at each other.

"Why, if I may ask?" Steve showed true concern on his face.

"Sokovia is the once place that I feel most at home. I won't be judged there. I'll be safe there." I reply, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"You're safe here." Tony said sharply.

I jerk my head up and meet his gaze. He looks...sad, angry and defeated. We never had the best relationship but I know that he's trying, which I do appreciate.

I give him a sad smile. "I know, but I have to do what's best for me."

Natasha places her hand over mine and squeezes it. "We know, Wanda. We're here for you every step of the way."

Everyone start's comforting me, except Tony and Bucky. I shift my gaze to Bucky but he looks away. I can feel his sadness and anger.

"Tony is right. You're safer here, where you have people to protect to you." The sadness in voices makes me want to cry for years and years.

Tony looked kind of surprised at what Bucky said.

"I can take care of myself, Buck..." I say softly.

Bucky's sadness is replaced with full blown anger. "Yeah well, good luck with that." He says before he walks out.

I stare blankly after him, everyone's voices drowning out. I felt terrible that I was doing this to him. I know that deep down he understands. He won't stay angry at me forever.

Vision escorted me back to my apartment. I was thankful that I had someone like him in my life. When we reached my door, he took my hands in his and looked down at me.

"Wanda, I want you to know that I..." He trailed off.

I smiled up at him. "I know, Viz."

I reached up and wiped a tear from his human like face. We embraced each other as if the world was ending.

"You can always visit." I whisper.

Saying that made him hold me tighter. I close my eyes and rest my head on his chest.

"Wanda Maximoff, I will miss you." He says quietly.

I let the tears slip out and continued embracing him. I will miss him and everyone dearly, but this is for the best.

Or at least, I thought it was.