Chapter 6: Sabotage

"Was I out of line? Did I say something way to honest, made you run and hide, like a scared little boy?" Cadence singsonged the lyrics to her favorite song, 'Forever & Always' by Taylor Swift.

Her bright green-hazel eyes fixed on themselves in her bathroom mirror. She was playing around with her shoulder length blond curls, finally deciding to wear a floral-patterned neon green bandana as a headband. She fluffed her hair and positioned it the way she wanted.

"Wow, mirror Cadence, we look fabulous!" She said to herself, making the duck face in the mirror.

Although Cadence had never really cared too much about her outfit, today's needed to be perfect. It was her best friend, AKA the Queen, and her twin sister's 15th birthday!

She checked her outfit over one more time in the mirror. A hot pink-reddish denim-like material jacket with pockets and a silver star stitched on one side, a white tee shirt, comfortable jean-leggings, and navy blue strappy heels. A silver wildflower necklace dangled from her neck.

The necklace was symbolic to Cadence herself- she was sometimes nicknamed 'Wildflower'. This is mostly due to her fearless personality, wild hair, and love of nature.

She grabbed her small, black, expensive camera from the hook in her room. She tossed the green string attached to the camera around her neck and let the camera settle comfortably on her chest.

Right then, Cadence noticed something. She began tearing apart her room (being sure to put everything back in its position when she was done because she's a neat freak) looking for her phone. After she came to Destiny's rescue last night, she came home, threw her stuff somewhere and went straight to bed.

She and Destiny had had quite a long conversation last night.

"Destiny, you're very powerful," Cadence had reminded her friend, "but that also makes you extremely dangerous."

You see, Destiny can partly control the weather. That's just one of her phenomenal, magical abilities. When she sees the first sight of a storm, she knows something bad is going to happen. Which messes with Destiny's nerves. Therefor, it creates storms of strong winds, heavy precipitation, and sometimes thunder. Cadence had promised to help Destiny control this, so it was partly her fault when a crazy storm occurred; it meant she had failed.

Cadence finally found her phone... In the garbage pail? She was absolutely positive she hadn't put it there.

Tfffff, tfffff. She sniffed the device.

"Ewwww!" She shrieked. The phone smelled of a mix between nail polish remover, chocolate chip cookies, and pretzel Goldfish.

It was only when she turned on the phone that she realized she was actually in the real world...

Cadence glanced at the time recorded on her phone. 10:07. Her eyes then crept toward the digital iPhone speaker-clock. 8:59.

Oh no! She gasped. Cadence was late! About an hour late, for her best friend's all day non-stop Birthday party.

How could this have happened? Her clocks were wrong, her phone disappeared, and when her sister, Chloe, stopped by, she fell asleep in the middle of the sentence she had been saying out loud.

"That's strange..." She mumbled, sprinting out her front door.