Chapter 4: Roommate Madness

"Where do you think you're going?" Jenna Danielle demanded.

"I'm going out to dinner with Lucy and Emily and then going to watch them at their first gymnastics meet. Why, is there something I'm supposed to be doing here?" Cynthia questioned.

"Um, no, but I kind of wanted you to set up your stuff so the room isn't so messy," Jenna whined.

"I gotta go," Cynthia walked toward the already-opened dorm room door. "Do you want any cheesecake for dessert?"

"Um... Yeah, actually I'll have a piece of strawberry cheesecake, and on your way home, can you pick me up a grande cream-base skim milk mocha light frappucino with chocolate chips and whipped cream for me from Starbucks? Thaaaanks."

Jenna Danielle is extremely high maintenance. Her layered always-perfect brown hair was in a high, cheerleader-style ponytail and she was wearing a white tee shirt and purplish-pink lace skirt. She was blasting an upbeat, fun Demi Lovato song through her iPhone docking station speakers, and organizing her clothes into summer and winter piles.

"I guess, fine," Cynthia replied. "But only because I'm a good friend... And I'm craving a vanilla bean one myself. "

Strolling to the door labeled 202, Cynthia checked to make sure she had her bright blue cell phone and navy-colored wallet. She grabbed the door handle...

"NO, YOU TOOK MY FIVE BUCKS THAT WERE ON THE TABLE!" She heard Lucy screaming.

"UH-UH, THIS IS MY FIVE DOLLARS!" Emily roared back.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" Jenna shouted from next door.

"Ugh," Emily sighed.

"UGH," Lucy mimicked.

"GUYS! Relax!" Cynthia barged into the room.

"Whatever," Lucy and Emily said at the same time.

"You need to chill, it's just 5 dollars," Cynthia handled the situation calmly. "Why don't you guys just get the stuff you'll need for the meet, and we can go have some fun? Come on, we can get nachos!" She bribed.

Lucy went to her corner of the room and picked up a gray drawstring bag with green straps and had an ombré orange gymnast outline on the front, and Emily went to the other corner and picked up a clear plastic tote with a creative beaded strap that read "GYMNASTICS" in different colored beads.

"Alright, fine... But ONLY if we get nachos," Lucy laughed.

The three of them left the dorm and the building, then took a walk off-campus to the nearest Cheesecake Factory. There, they enjoyed a night away from their already crazy and stressful lives on the very first day of the school year.