Issue #13...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Start from the beginning

 Her eyes widened and she dashed off in fear, her heels clicking down the gravel.

 His vision began to fade around him, and he collapsed in the alley. He still had to pick up Amy...his sister from school, but now that problem seemed so distant...so far away as he began to drift off into a painless sleep, his blonde hair ruffling in the breeze.

*************************************

 A smooth white translucent paw stepped forward.

  "Get up," A soft voice ordered. Roran raised his eyes to a wolf that only he could see, her white body filled with opacity. His eyes widened.

   "Get up." She repeated, regarding him with her blue eyes, "The cops are on their way, it would not be wise to be here when they arrived." Her eyes narrowed at the two bodies laying on the ground. "Such trash, gathering together and trying to rape a woman. Even though she may have not saved you..." She managed to scoff, "you saved her, that's something."

Roran struggled pulling himself up onto his knees. "Help me..." He begged and her blue eyes narrowed.

 "I can't, I am a spirit. I cannot physically help you without my vessel. Get up." She demanded with a snarl. He struggled to his feet.

 "Now where to?" He asked tightly, clutching his side.

The wolf raised her muzzle, leading him down a winding path.

"What are you?" He asked, wondering if he was going delirious from the loss of blood.

She turned, looking at him, "I am a monster...just like you." She replied, stepping forward, her spirit body passing through a ladder as she continued to walk along.

Roran's eyes widened as he thought of the Vicinity Item, a golden ring on his right index finger, where it would stay forever—because removing it would mean his death. That was what had contained the spirit of the fox. "So, where is your item? Don't all spirits have one?"

 Her eyes narrowed. "My spirit lies inside a bracelet, someone tried to wear it, but they were not the right vessel. I tore him apart and left his body behind—I could not control myself, a rage that anyone but my vessel would even try to wear that bracelet infuriated me like a fire." She replied, "My spirit wanders now, and when I find my vessel, I will join them and the bracelet will appear."

"Oh," He replied dully, staggering around the ladder that her spiritual form just passed through moments ago. He realized he was walking back to his apartment about halfway back.

He stopped dead in his tracks. "I—I can't." He said.

She turned, flattening her ears against her skull, "You've killed two men, don't tell me you can't." She spat.

 Roran's translucent fox spirit apparated next to him as Roran dropped to his knees. The fox snarled, baring his teeth at the wolf spirit. Her ears, which had been pinned back came forward with interest as she stared at the fox with curiousity.

"I can't go home, yet," Roran said, his personality less threatening at the moment than his spirit. "My sister...I need to get her home from school."

Entrez cocked her head to the side, "You mean the girl? She came home half an hour ago when you were passed out in the alley. You were not with her, so I sought you out."

 Roran's eyes widened, "How did you—"

 "—I've been keeping a close eye on you, hoping you would lead me to my vessel since you contain the fox spirit—what is his name?"