Chapter 2: Goblin Village

"Die!" I yelled and brought down my new short sword onto the goblin soldier's head, green blood splattering onto the ground.

[Goblin Soldier's HP: 0%]

"Yes!" I whooped angrily and thrust my fist into the air. "Thanks for being my sparring dummy, you stupid goblin." The goblin soldier's body dissolved into the fresh air of the Endless Forest, leaving behind one bronze coin, which was a rare drop from the goblin soldiers, and a goblin soldier's dagger, which was common. I picked them up and put them into my inventory. Then, I checked my stats.

[Marty-Warrior

Race: Human Elf Hybrid

LV: 29

HP: 2900.0

MP: 10.0

EXP: 52

Strength: 32

Speed: 40.5

Intelligence: 42

(Attribute Points: 0)

Skills: None

Gold Coins: None

Silver Coins: None

Bronze Coins: 1

Copper Coins: 9]

For two days, I'd earned more bronze coins than usual and gained one level on this hunting ground. Because of me just killing goblin soldiers and goblin archers, the EXP I'd received were really few. I'd already used attribute points—one level up equals three attribute points—on MP, strength, and speed. I wished that one attribute point could equal a hundred MP than ten because whenever I took a look at my MP on the stats, I felt vulnerable for some reason.

After sighing heavily, I started to walk straight toward a destination.

The Endless Forest was huge and was full of all sorts of plants and tall trees that covered the sunlight. I was in one of the hunting grounds of the Endless Forest which was simply called: [Hunting Ground of the Endless Forest III]. There was a goblin village on this hunting ground, but I didn't raid it on previous days. I wasn't ready for that because there were always goblin elites, goblin brutes, goblin shamans, and the Goblin Chieftain—which was the boss of this hunting ground—in the village.

But guess what? I was ready now. And, the destination was the goblin village.

Today, I'd bought another Rank F potion of poison, Rank F potion of fire, and a new short sword which was in a good condition before coming back to this hunting ground, using up all the bronze coins that I'd earned in the process. That was why I only had the bronze coin that I'd just picked up in my inventory.

After walking for a few minutes, I finally stumbled upon a clearing filled with tall grasses. I quickly hid behind a tree trunk and peered out from behind it, trying my hardest not to get spotted. The village made me think as if cavemen inhabited there; with its small huts made of tree branches and animal pelts, small walls surrounding the village while being made of chopped-up tree trunks tied with thick vines, and a bonfire in the middle.

It was kind of big, and all sorts of goblins were hanging around. The usual goblins; the goblin soldiers and the goblin archers, and the goblins that I'd never seen before; goblins wearing leather armor and metal helmet that had a horse plume on it while holding crude short swords, big and muscular goblins that were only wearing loincloth made of animal fur while holding large wooden clubs, and some goblins with long white hair and long black robes wielding wooden staffs.