Chapter 21: Part 2

"You're going to drive me to the city in that? I'm better off taking the train," everything about the trashy vehicle discouraged me from even touching the damn thing.

"Do you have any idea what that'll do to us?" Eric thought I was intending to board the train from the inside.

"Are there any cameras outside of the train?" I asked.

"What? No," Eric confusingly answered my seemingly random question.

"Then, I'm going," I started walking back to the entrance where there laid a ladder.

"Tyzon," Eric shouted my name, which caused me to flinch a little, but failed to halt me completely.

"Did I say I was going inside the train?" I told him, to which he realized what I meant.

"Are you suicidal? Sure, the train slows down to 45 miles per hour, but once it reaches its normal speed, not even an anvil can stay on top of it," Eric still desperately tried to stop me for some odd reason, probably because of my 'potential'. Though intending to jump on the train seemed like a dumb idea, as it would somewhat reveal my powers, my survival after jumping onto a bullet train was more believable than my survival after a trip in Eric's sad excuse for a car.

"You calling me fat?" I joked and continued to trudge through the sand.

"Tyzon, you do so much as touch any part of the railway, I will have Silverists gun you down before you can even ascend a single foot," Eric threatened.

"You're bluffing."

"Try me," he said, as I flipped my middle finger at the deceiving teenager.

"I never said I was entering the train."

"But what if you make a dent? No, more importantly, what if you get yourself killed? Your body will undoubtedly spill more blood than a ketchup bottle can contain," Eric reasoned.

"Nothing will happen to me up there, besides, you aren't going to waste bullets on me."

"Why the hell would I be bluffing? The choice I am given is to either kill you, one person, or get the entire gang killed which, you would know, has a significantly greater headcount than one individual. So why wouldn't we shoot you down?" he claimed.

"I'll tell you why: you have access to an entire gang, yet you hauled me into it, as if you needed me like a bee needs a queen," I improvised my argument, "Two, you need me to get money, and three, I have superpowers that can not only be used to defeat Vernon, but to trash Langatory as a whole," the last bit of my argument was thankfully only in my mind, as much as I wanted to tell him.

Eric sighed, then out of the blue, he negotiated, "1.5."

"What? Is that how much I'm worth to you in dollars?" I had walked far enough for the audibility of his voice to become difficult to hear.