Chapter 21: Part 1

Throughout the entirety of my walking back to Eric's room, my face bore an irremovable grin until I reached the near indestructible barricade that was Eric's door

Throughout the entirety of my walking back to Eric's room, my face bore an irremovable grin until I reached the near indestructible barricade that was Eric's door. Before I reentered Eric's room to prepare for my trip, I briefly stood in front of the door, jogging my memory for the specific date for the number code. It was when the date, thirteenth of January, 2018, materialized at the back of my mind that I opened the door without any worries, or so I thought.

I entered the room with Cupid's arrow piercing me unlike Jones' knife, which meant I was distracted from reality, until I heard a voice behind me say, "After you," as I shut the door without looking at it. It was because of the suddenness of the voice that not only was I unable to recognize it, but my heart had skipped a beat or two.

"Gosh," I refrained from using the Lord's name in vain, and turned around to see Eric sitting comfortably in a relaxing leather chair, which I believed was stolen.

"You walk in here again like that and you won't leave this room in one piece," he warned me, while I was still recovering from the fright I received from him. "Did you beat Kenni?" Eric interrogated on his lounge chair. The way he was presented in his chair had a hint of condescendence, for he had might as well owned a white cat to stroke.

"No, it was some other people," I told the truth.

"Then, why did Jones continually repeat your name about twenty times?" Eric mentioned, and so I figured out that after all of the thrashing, Jones still continued to hate me the most, to the point where he had even blamed me for his scars and wounds.

"Okay, here's the breakdown: I approached Jones and he tripped on a stupid spoon, then other people took advantage of his fall and started beating him. I wasn't, at all, involved in the second part," I gave him the honest truth.

"I believe you, because I knew Jones was lying, so identify them, please, the people that beat Kenni," he asked, steepling his fingers with pride.

"I'm not certain, but I think it was Gordann and Willian," I ratted out those who were meant to be my brothers-in-arms.

"Willian?" Eric repeated, which made me realize that I had just given him another reason to kick Willian out of the gang.

"But more people were involved too, I think," I tried saving myself, but Eric did not bother listening as he was too distracted by his individual schemes.

"Anyway, I'm meant to give you a rant about not doing irresponsible shit like what you did to Jones, but he did put Daniel," he said, before I cut him off.

"David," I corrected him.

"Yeah, sure, Jones did put him in the infirmary," his last mentioning of an infirmary swayed me to believe that it existed, "And he also knocked out Willian and Felix, but if it wasn't for a Silverist named Dinch, Jones could have beaten the three of your fellow recruits until they would be classified as paraplegics," Eric surprised me with the revelation of Dinch, as he was yet again proven useful to the overall functionality of the gang.