-crush x shy!reader//blush-

request from tearpaint :) hope u like it! so sorry for taking forever to write it tho...

-----------

"(y/n)! Earth to (y/n)!" Your best friend waved her hand in front of your face. "Did you even hear what I was saying?" 

"Huh? Oh, yeah...something about the school dance..." You said, glancing around the classroom. There was some sort of dance going on soon and (b/f/n) was rattling away about something. 

"So what do you think then?" 

"Uh, yes." 

"I was going to ask about whether I should wear a long dress or a short dress! thanks, (y/n)." (b/f/n) said sarcastically. 

"Hi kids! Today we'll be starting a group project, and I already have your partners picked so don't get any ideas." The teacher said as they walked in the room. 

You groaned and slid down into your seat. You were pretty shy around anyone that wasn't (b/f/n), so group projects usually weren't that great. 

The  teacher droned on about the project and assigned the groups, and the only thing that snapped you back to reality was them saying your name. 

"And the last group is... (y/n) and (c/n)." 

You bit your lip. You were always too shy around him, and you especially didn't want to work with him alone. 

"You can work anywhere inside or outside the classroom, so grab your computers and things and get to work!" 

You grabbed your laptop and textbook, and (c/n) walked over to you. 

"So, where do you want to work?" he said smiling. 

"uh, I guess here would work..." You said quietly, looking at the nearly empty classroom. 

"Ok. So do you want to start on the slideshow or should I?"

"whatever's fine," 

(c/n) and you took turns working on the slides and you didn't talk much to him, and he didn't seem to mind. It was kind of nice. 

Soon, the bell rang and you quietly packed up your things. 

"Bye, (y/n)! See ya later!" (c/n) said. 

You simply waved but saw (c/n)'s friends coming over to talk to him. They were giving him funny looks and elbowing him. 

"Hey (y/n)! Did he ask you?" One of his friends yelled to you. 

You furrowed your eyebrows. "What?" 

"(c/n/b/f)! Shut up you piece of trash!" (c/n) hit the other boy across the head with his backpack and you blushed and hurried off. 

"Heyyyyy! I saw that! (c/n) totally wants to ask you to the dance!" (b/f/n) said, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"I doubt it..." You said, looking down and blushing more. 

"I can't wait for tomorrow in class!" (b/f/n) chimed while slinging her arm around your shoulder. 

During lunch, (c/n)'s friends kept waving at you and saying random things to you. (b/f/n) couldn't stop wiggling her eyebrows at you and smirking at you, so you got up from the lunch table to go to the library. 

You searched through the shelves for books on the topic for the project and carried a few over to the computers. After you worked on the project for a bit you ran to put the books back before the bell and you collided with someone. 

"Ah! Sorry!" You squeaked and looked to see who you ran into. Of course, it was (c/n).  You met his eyes for a second before your face heated up and looked down at your feet. 

"It's fine! Don't worry about it." He said. "Are you ok?" 

"Uh-huh," You mumbled. "I'm really sorry..." 

(c/n) chuckled and began to walk off. "You can stop apologizing now!" 

"Sorry!" You cursed yourself and facepalmed. 

(c/n) laughed and waved, leaving your face even more red than before. 

The next day in class, you and (c/n) finished your project and were told to present it to the rest of the class. 

"Uh...so we did our project on (insert topic here)." You said, playing with the hem of your shirt. 

(c/n) continued. "So the first thing we covered in this presentation was..." 

---

"Great job, guys!" The teacher said. Everyone clapped and you sat down in your seat. "That was very informative and the best presentation I've seen yet." 

You smiled a bit and looked at (c/n), who gave you a thumbs up. 

After the bell rang, you were packing up your things when (c/n/b/f) walked over to you dragging (c/n) by his shirt. 

You gave them a quizzical look before continuing to pack up. 

"Hey (y/n)! (c/n) here wanted to ask you something but was being a scaredy-cat about it, so I brought him over to you! Go ahead, (c/n)!" (c/n/b/f) smiled and looked over to (c/n), whose face was red as a tomato and glaring at the other boy. 

"I was wondering...if...you'd..." (c/n) trailed off. 

"ASK HER!!!" 

"I know we don't really know eachother well, but, I was wondering...ifyouwouldliketogotothedancewithme." 

"W-what?" You said.

"Would you like to go to the...dance with me." (c/n) said. 

"Me?" You blushed and fidgeted with your fingers. 

"Yes, you." 

"I, uh, Yes." You smiled and so did (c/n). 

"yes! You did it (c/n)! I told you it would be a good idea!" (c/n/b/f) said. 

You blushed and looked down. 

(c/n/b/f) ran out of the room and you were left with (c/n).

"You know, you're pretty cute when you blush." (c/n) mumbled. 

"Thanks.." You giggled. 

"wait. You heard that?" He exclaimed. 

"yeah," you giggled even more now. 

(c/n) started to laugh a bit too now, and soon both of you were laughing for no reason. 

"We're going to be so late for next class..." You said. 

"Eh..it's ok, as long as I'm with you." (c/n) said with a wink, causing you to blush more, if that was even possible. 

  ----------- 

thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments! i can't believe this has so many reads now!!!! 

happy early halloween everyone~