Chapter 45

It's new years! Shiro has to go back to the soul society in two days so we want to make the most of the time we have left here. Everyone is going to the new years fireworks festival. It begins at 7 and continues till late. I decided to wear a kimono like everyone else since the festivals are Japanese tradition. Yuzu was helping me with my kimono since I had no idea how to put them on. It was so complicated. But even the soul reapers decided to come with us. Ikkaku and Yumichika went on ahead anyways and Rangiku went with them knowing they'd look for some alcohol somewhere. But Rukia and Renji stayed. Orihime, Chad and Uryu went to the festival already, they said they'd meet us there. So I walked there with my family, Rukia and Renji, and Shiro. 

Once we made it to the festival I was speechless. This was my first real festival. It was so big, there were loads of stalls full of different foods and games. I froze in awe and everyone else continued going, because they have seen this before. Shiro stopped and look back at me. He walked up to me and grabbed my arm. I looked at him confused, then he wrapped fabric around my wrist, he then did the same for himself. So wee were connected by fabric. Stopping us from losing each other.

"There. Now you wont get lost."

"But. What about everyone else?!"

"They've all been to a festival before, you haven't. Knowing you. You'd probably panic if you got lost. But, you wont because your stuck with me for the rest of the night"

"Thats not that bad then" I smiled and held his hand. The fabric connecting us was tickling my hand. He took me around the festival for a couple of hours when we found everyone else.

"(Y/N)-chan! Captain! Over here" Rangiku waved to us so we could see them. I ran up to them draging Toshiro with me forgetting we were connected.

"Hey guys! we lost you for a while"

"What happened to you guys?"

"Well uh. I almost got lost and Shiro came up to me and put this on us" I picked up my arm showing the fabric. Rangiku had her evil grin.

"Captain! Who knew you could be such a romantic! First the proposal now this! I cant wait to-" Both me ans Shiro punched the top of her head with the hands that were connected.

"Shut up Mastumoto/Rangiku!" We said in unison. Yuzu was used to violence against Isshin but not against others so she stood there confused.

"Uh. Guys. Is there any need for violence?"

"Huh? Of course! It's Rangiku!"

"I-I dont see how thats a reason"

"You would if you saw her at work"

"Work? You mean the sou-" I kicked her this time. Winding her in the process.

"Will you shut up! She doesn't know where we all work! Idiot!"

"But. I thought Ichigo's whole family knew?"

"She can't see ghosts."

"Wha- But his whole family."

"Yes I'm aware. But shut up Matsumoto. It's new years. Let's just have some fun okay?"

"Y-Yes (Y/N)-sama!" Rangiku always used sama at the end of my name when she would finally listen to my orders. 

"Now. since were all here. Shall we find a good place for the fireworks display?"

"(Y/N). Out of all the years here, we've never found a good spot to watch the fireworks."

"Hmm. I see. Well we need to find somewh-" I stopped. I thought of a great place.

"(Y/N)?"

"I know exactly where to go!"