Chapter 43

[Word of warning. This chapter does get smutty near the end. You can skip it, it doesn't effect the story so I'll warn you when it starts.]

~Time Skip~

Its December! And it's very close to Christmas but, it's the 20th, which means it's Shiro's birthday! He eventually let me stay at my house again but he's on his holiday leave and he decided to stay at mine until New Years, which took a bit of persuasion on our hand. The head-captain doesn't normally give a two week holiday. But, I can be persuasive at times. It was early morning and Shiro shouldn't wake up for another hour. I got out of bed and headed downstairs. I didn't want to do anything major, but I wanted to make it special at least.

But I had no idea how old he was. I never wanted to ask because souls lived for hundreds of years. And I'm only [Age but two years older] but I still wanted to know. I placed his card and presents on the coffee table and began to make some breakfast for him. I made a traditional full English and pancakes, but I also got some watermelons for him since they're his favourite. I was almost done when I heard the shower going. Which meant that he was awake. He only takes about 5 minutes in the shower so I had some time to make the table and place our breakfast on the table. He came downstairs while I was placing the last of our breakfast down on the table.

"Good morning sleepy head"

"Morning. What is all of this?" I walked up to him and kissed his cheek. Leaving my hands on his chest.

"Happy Birthday"

"Really? You did all of this for me?"

"Well yeah. We haven't been able to celebrate it properly because of the winter war and then Ichigo didn't have his power, but now he has his powers and there is no battle. So I want to enjoy this one."

"Well thank you for going through so much lengths for me."

"It's all worth it. Since its for you."

"Thank you so much" He leaned down and wrapped his hands around my waist before kissing me.

"Now then. Let's have some breakfast"

"Alright. It smells divine"

"Thank you, I did try my best" We sat down and began eating just talking about anything like we normally do. We finished the full English and began eating the pancakes.

"So, uh Shiro?"

"Hm?"

"How old are you?" He choked on the pancakes.

"What?!" He seemed surprised for me to ask such a thing.

"I want to know you're age. Even if you look 15 how old are you really?"

"Uh, well us soul reapers age differently."

"Yeah. I know. Stop stating the obvious. Every human year in ageing is like ten for you guys right?"

"Uh, yeah" He began to blush.

"So 150-ish?"

"Uh, I looked seven when I died. But I've been a soul for about 80 years now." He stroked his nape while looking down.

"Well, looks like I didn't listen when my mom said 'don't date anyone more than two years older than you' because that's a massive age gap! You're like five times my age"

"This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you." he looked at me and placed his hand down.

"What? It's not gonna make me love you less. So you're all good" I continued eating content with his answer.