De Novo

(A/N: 3 am is probably when I get inspriation, honestly, I need sleep but I haven't wrote this much in a while, so it's worth it >:D Also, this is a Skylox Fanfic about them in high school and doodle doo :3 Enjoy)

Ty’s POV

 School? Right, school, yes, definition of school- an institution for educating children. I sighed and kept walking forward, my bangs blowing in my face due to the breezy wind today’s weather brought. Annoying, but nice –annoying being my hair waving all over my face, I never changed it, even though a lot of kids used to call me emo ‘cause of it, I ignored it after a while.

Anyway, I walked forward, zoning out as I walked, looking up at the sky. I blinked a few times quickly and looked down at where I was, and I turned around seeing I walked a foot forward then my destination. I turned back and leaned to the side of the bus stop, of course I could’ve walked to school –and if I was lucky I might’ve been able to make it NOT late –but when my mom (step-mom more specifically) learned that my new school bus was only $5 a month, she hopped on the bandwagon. There weren’t even a lot of other students around on the bus stop, there was a petite girl with braided orange chair reading a book who was leaning on the bus stop canopy –like I was, but on the other side, a boy with a gray hoodie that was 2 times bigger than he was, and an Asian kid leaning on the concrete walls beside us.

We stood for about 5 minutes –which in my opinion felt like 10 –and suddenly the big-hoodie guy turned his head pretty quick and I followed along to see what he was looking at. Turning the corner barely was the tip of the bus, I sighed as it drove in front of us, parting to the sidewalk and its doors open. The girl –closet to the bus doors –trotted in first, hoodie guy, and I let the Asian kid walk in before me. I jumped up the small set of stairs and looked around, internally sighing, because the bus was filled. This was probably the last stop the bus picks up, because this was just ridiculous. I walked forward not really knowing where to sit because well, there were no god damn seats. Eventually after internally panicking when I couldn’t find a seat in 30 seconds, I just scooted in on one of the middle seats next to 2 boys who were busy playing their Gameboys.

The bus began to move at a rushed pace and the bus fell forward and I kept my foot to the ground trying to hold myself back, which I did. (Author: Am I the only one who did that?)

Needless to say the bus ride wasn’t too bad, I can’t say the loud people in the back was unexpected. Because in all honesty, and my past experiences with school buses, it wasn’t. The back was always as rowdy as the last, or more.

I shook my head to the side and pushed my bangs aside, turning to look out the window as I saw the back of the school. Ahead of us were other buses that came first, their students getting out and going inside. The bus stopped and immediately everyone stood up, so did I; I didn’t really feel like waiting until everyone was off to go. The pace to get out was normal, and once I got out I just followed the crowd inside, the back double-doors already open.

My hands sat in my jacket pockets –navy blue jacket –when I walked in, I made a ‘not bad’ face.

Past the 3 sets of double doors that were the back entrance of the school, a straight roof stood over with pillars holding it up, it wasn’t really it roof, it didn’t cover the room, and you were still considered outside. There were walls on either side, and throughout the small back area were benches, tables, and planted trees scattered about. On the left wall that had long and large glass windows side by side, looking inside, it was the Cafeteria. Which didn't look shabby one bit, it was pretty nice actually. On the right side the wall it windows exactly like the left side, scattered throughout the wall. Inside was a hallway, with lockers, and the occasional classroom in between. The lockers hadn’t looked bad either, jeez, this was a neat school. I kept walking forward and moved through –much like the 3 sets of double doors –these 3 sets of white gates –which were probably locked when the school was closed. They were opened of course, and I walked into a large quad area where round table-benches sat around, some with students on them, some not. The tables were blue and black, black being the railings and supports holding up the blue seats and table itself.