Cursed Out

(After the Ship Of The Dead btw. Also, I feel like this chapter is going to be crap, but just hang on in here with me. It's going to have one other fandom in this, but you have to get into it unless you want too!)

Alex Fierro

I went to Midgard by myself, which was my first mistake. I just didn't want to bother Magnus or anyone else with my little quest I set out for myself. I was trying to find my old pottery studio, or what was left of it, but everything seemed so unfamiliar. Every block I turned onto just wasn't the right one, no matter how much I thought it was. Even if I knew the streets, the buildings are all different, all distant. I sulked and walked down the streets of Boston. I wanted to find my old pottery place for a reason, to help the other homeless kids there. There were two boys a little bit younger then me that would also sleep at the studio when things got bad a there house. I wanted to help them by showing them the Chase Space, so when things got bad they had a place to stay. As I wandered aimlessly through the streets of Boston, something caught my eye. A man in a tailored suit and tie stands outside of a bar. That wouldn't be that concerning, except that the man was definitely Loki. I froze in my tracks. No, no, we locked him up! This cannot be happening! He was in the walnut, secure! Then I made my second mistake, I walked right up to him. I glared at him and he grinned his infamous smile at me. How I wish I could slap that sly smirk off his scheming sharp little face!!!!!!

"Hello Alex," He said, "Nice to see you again."

"Cut the sweet talk, " I said, which probably wasn't the best thing to say to a god you helped defeat, "How did you escape and why are you here?"

"Can't you see through this illusion? I thought I taught you better than that," He smirked.

"You didn't answer my question!" I shouted at him.

"You didn't answer mine,"

"What are you doing here and how did you escape?"  I said, but this time louder.

No one seemed to bother us, probably because they couldn't see through all the magic he had going on to make his suit look decent. Loki just smiled and took a white rose out of his lapel. He admired it for a second, then it disintegrated in his hand. He then turned to me and blew the ash in my face. At first, I thought nothing was going to happen, then I started to feel dizzy. The world around me started to spin. I grasped the edge of the window of the bar to try to steady myself, but it didn't help. The world around me was actually swimming. Like someone made my vision into an ocean and made it insane.

"Wh-wh-aa-t," I tried to say what is going on to Loki, but he cut me off.

His face had his infamous smirk on it, "Just making sure you can't get back into Valhalla".

What happened next might have just been my poor vision, but I swear he disappeared in a cloud of smoke. I fell to the ground, not having any time to process what he said to me before passing out.

Now I'm awake, and Magnus Chase is leaning over me. His face shows concern, tons upon tons of concern, for me. I shouldn't be surprised, I mean he did confess his love to me while flyting a god. I am surprised that he had a cut on his lip and a scar along the length of his neck though. I want to ask what happened, where we are, but when I try to speak I can't make a word. 

"Alex, Alex your okay now, don't worry, I fought them off," Magnus says.

I cough repeatedly before getting out the word, "Who?"

"Your offender, the guys that-nevermind, I came before they could do anything to you," He says.

I look around to see where we are. I notice the glass-domed roof and potted plants, this must be the Chase Space. My eyes then land on Magnus, who was staring at me this whole time. His eyes were glassy, and there were red blotches under his eyes. What happened to him? What happened to me? What's going on? I tried to get those questions out of my mouth, but I just started coughing violently. I tried to sit up as well and found out my back was pretty broken in the process.