You're My Only Hope

Magnus Chase's POV

The second I wake up, I now something is wrong. There is a bunch of notes laying on my dresser, and notes always mean trouble. I shake the sleep from my head and get out of bed. Then I walk over to my dresser and pick up the largest note on the top of all the others. I am nervous and frightened, these notes usually only come to me by my bedside table, and there's usually only one. 

Dear Magnus,

We know you have no idea why all these cards are on your dresser. The reason is these are letters from your friends and family (That know you're in Valhalla) in condolences from the latest death of one of your close friends. That friend is Alex Fierro, we heard you were very close to her, so people wrote this cards. We are sorry for your loss. In condolences, you may have three days off from your normal duties as an einherjar in Valhalla (Unless Ragnarök starts, then you must fight with us). There is a new book on your bookshelf you may read about how she died if you would like. 

From the Valhalla staff!

Alex is dead?!? What!!! No! No! No! No! She couldn't have died she's too strong and careful! She can't be dead! She just can't be! I refuse to believe it! She is too head strong to die! I stumble backward with the note in my hand. My head feels heavy and dull. This note stirred up too many emotions I have towards Alex; she can't be dead! I then run over to my bookshelf to look for the book about how she died. Maybe she is faking her death for some reason? Maybe I could find a clue as to where she is and the book? I finally find the book, it has a picture of her face plastered on the cover with the caption sorry for your loss. I open it up quickly and page through it. A lot of the stuff in here is about her life in Valhalla and not much about her life before it. Then I got to a page that had her last words on it. I didn't want to read it at all, I was too emotional, but what if there is some kind of message that says she isn't dead? So I look at the page and read it. 

"Please Mother, please! No! Don't, don't! Mother!" She says and then mumbles under her breath, "Magnus please if you are out there somewhere, I will not let him kill me, but if so meet me by the bridge where you found your sword," She then says loudly, "I will never let you take my pride away from me, ever, please I surrender!" Then as she falls to her death from where her mother stabbed her she whispers, "Magnus I see his true intentions now! Please now I know the truth, he's going to tie me up in the cave he was tied up in, please Magnus help me, you are my only hope"

Yes! Yes! She is alive, but she won't be for long. I need to get to that cave and save her. I can't do it alone, Loki will certainly kill me if that's the case. Maybe if I can get Hearthstone and Blitzen to come with me I'll have a chance. Maybe, but I have to save her somehow. I have too, as you know, I am her only hope. I take off my pendant and Jack appears in front of me. 

"Sup Señor, wait why are we in your room? Is there a hot lady sword for me somewhere?" He asks and his aura around him tints pink. 

I groan, "No, people are saying Alex is dead and I know it's not true, she has been captured by Loki and is being tied up like he was in that very same cave Loki was put into before he escaped, I need you to open up a portal into Midgard so we can get Hearth and Blitzen's help to save her," I say quickly.

If swords could roll there eyes even though they don't have eyes, I am pretty sure he just rolled his eyes at me. 

"Fine Señor, I'll open the portal to Midgard, then I'll get you to Blitzen's best, then I'll get you to that cave no problem, on one condition," He says and then pauses for dramatic effect, "You find me a hot talking lady sword to go on a date with because it gets boring hanging around your neck all day"

"Fine," I groan again, "I'll get you a date with a hot lady sword, now can we please hurry, she could already be dead by now for real!"

"Okay Señor," He says in the happiest tone a talking sword could ever possess, "I'll open the portal right away"

Later in the cave.........

As we walk quietly through the corridors of the cave in the dark, I begin to hear shouting. We move towards the sound, all four of us (Including Jack who is still off of being in predant form and is actually quiet for once). I was nervous that one of us was accidentally going to make a loud noise or accidentally fall into one of the many chasms I have seen as we walked through these hallways but we didn't as we got closer and closer to the loud noise. All we had for light was a flashlight that Blitzen brought along for light because this part of the cave was completely dark. The shouts volume increased as we turned a corner, a tell-tale sign we were going in the right direction. The bad news was now I could hear what Alex was shouting clearly.

"Please let me out of this! Please! Please stop! Magnus will get here soon enough and he'll finish you off," She shouts then there is a ten-second pause before I hear her scream an enormously loud scream.

Then I hear Loki's voice saying smoothly, "He'll die if he even steps foot in this room, I'll kill him with my bare hands if I have too, you know that's the only reason I am doing this, to lure him here so I can capture him, pretty ingenious if I say so myself,"

I shiver at the thought of him killing me. Hearth then signs to me we now know it's a trap, what will we do now? I sign back to him so I don't have to speak and break our cover, I have a new plan, you guys distract Loki, I'll run in and save Alex before Loki hurts her anymore. Then Blitzen signs, no kid, you'll die, no doubt Loki has guards. Then I sign back, No, I am going in a saving her from Loki's torture no matter what, if I die, I die, and Jack will be with me anyway so I probably won't. I will save her no matter what. I can feel Jack roll his eyes even though he has no eyes, and I can see Blitzen rolling his eyes as well. Please, I sign, just make a distraction and I'll run in and save her alright? Good! Bye!  Then I run towards Alex's defining screams. I didn't care if it was a trap, I had to save her life. I knew I was just putting her life over mine, and I knew I was going to die, but I walked into the room where Loki and Alex were with Jack next to me and my head held high. The first thing I saw was Alex tied up in thick rope with the poisonous snake hanging above her. Loki was next to her but now turns towards me with a smile on his face. 

"Glad you're here for Alex's execution Magnus, take a seat," He says and I roll my eyes.

Alex looks at me with a terror-stricken face. I was about to say something but Jack flew past me and with one quick move, decapitated Loki. I smiled, he truly was the best sword in the nine worlds. Then Jack spun around and cut off two of Alex's ropes that were tied to the ceiling. She quickly rolls away from the poison dripping snake. I run over to her quickly while Jack just floats in midair, admiring his fine decapitation work.  There is blood seeping out of cuts in Alex's face and neck, she was curled up on the ground, barely moving. 

"Alex......" I say with a choked voice and kneel down next to her, "I am going to heal you okay? I know you're probably unconscious and I might see into your brain, but I need to heal you"

Without seeing if she will respond, I put my hand on her neck and watch myself begin to glow. Her wounds start to close, I know it will still hurt but it doesn't matter. I saved her life.