Ragnarök'n'Roll Time (Part Two)

Alex Fierro's POV

Every hour and a half we get reports via raven about what's happening outside of the hotel. As this note drops onto my head I have a feeling of dread. Magnus is reading a book of his while sitting on the wooden chair. He glances over at the note that just fell and then glances at me. I have been a tiny (TINY MORE LIKE VERY STRESSED!) bit stressed about Ragnarök. Unlike most of the people in Valhalla, we have only had a year to train for it. That is why I snapped and was a little rude to Maggie when we first got to the hotel room. (I also may be EXTREMELY frightened that I will freeze to death in Ragnarök and very nervous about my first night with Magnus in this hotel room). I read the note out loud so Magnus can hear what it says.

Dear Magnus and Alex,

Midgard is almost entirely frozen over. All there is left is for the land to freeze and eventually everything to freeze to death in Midgard to start Ragnarök.

The note didn't end there, but my voice got choked and saddened. A single tear glides down my cheek. I may have been tortured by Loki here in Midgard, but there are so many innocent people out there. So many innocent people that are going to freeze to death and then we will gather around their bodies to fight Fenris wolf and all the other bad guys. I put the note down and try my best not to cry. I can't cry, crying shows that you are a coward, you aren't a coward! Especially in front of Magnus, he'll think I am weak and make fun of me for it. He hasn't ever made fun of me before, so why does my mind almost certainly thinks he will now? I put my hands over my face and curl up into a ball of sadness. All those innocent people we can't save.........

"Alex, are you alright?" I hear Magnus ask.

I hear him putting a bookmark in his book, I hear him set his book down, and I hear his footsteps as he walks closer to me. I am about to burst out into tears, but then I feel his gentle hand on my shoulder. 

"Alex, what's is wrong?" He asks me.

"Nothing," I grumble, yet I still stay in my ball of sadness. 

Then I feel something weird. It was as if Magnus was trying to use his healing powers on my sadness. It feel's as if he was pushing a soft cloud, one that was kind of warm, into my arm. He then pulls his arm away from my shoulder quickly. 

"Sorry I almost used my healing on you without asking, I didn't even know I was going to heal you until it happened, sorry," He says softly, "And I know what your thinking because of that, I know it's unfair to the people out there, I have been trying to deny it but I am going to loose Hearthstone and Blitzen because I can't warn them" His voice is full of pain now, and sadness, so much sadness.

I look up at him with tears still clinging to my eyelids. He is looking at the ground, his face shows so much emotion that it is hard to tell what he is thinking. Somehow, deep within my brain, I started to form a plan to save at least some people. I stand up and walk a few steps so I am in front of Magnus. He looks up at me and I can see he too has tears clinging to his eyelids.

"Magnus I think I have a plan to save at least some people," I say to him softly, "If we disobeyed Odin and went out of this place to save people, we could bring them back here so they wouldn't freeze,"

Magnus looks very concerned for me. 

"But you'll freeze out there, we both know I can resist the cold but you can't," He says.

I smile sadly, "If I can save people's lives, Magnus, then I would gladly go to Helheim and die because I am frozen, anyway I think I bought a winter jacket somewhere in my bags," I say.

"Okay then," He says and mirrors my look with another sad smile, "Then I'll go and help you save people, we'll need more einherjar's though if we are planning to save a lot of people,"

I nod my head and go over to my bags to find my winter coat. This is where it all changes for us. We have trained since we died for Ragnarök, but we didn't know so many people might die. I will sacrifice my life for others, it's the only good I have ever done. 

Some time later.......

Magnus and I rounded up a bunch of einherjar's that were determined to help save people's lives. We all knew we were going against Odin's rules, at least I thought we did until we went outside. It wasn't the land itself freezing over at all, it was a humongous portal that leads to Niflheim that opened over Boston. On closer inspection, it didn't just open up by itself, Frey was using the magic of alf seidr to keep it open. He was on top of a building holding his hands up in the air and keeping it open. There was grief all over his face and I could tell he was crying, yet he held the portal open. Why would he start Ragnarök? I thought he was a good guy. Then I noticed that there was a slug like goo surrounding his feet. It was black and thick, like tar, and slowly moved like molasses. Then Loki appeared out of nowhere, he appeared right next to Frey and seemed to be yelling at him. Oh no........no......no.....no......no. Loki was forcing Frey to hold open the portal. Of course, it all makes sense, yet I could still feel Magnus's world falling apart. I looked around for Magnus, but he was nowhere to be seen. He wouldn't be stupid enough to confront Loki right? Right?! Then my question gets answered as I see Magnus jump onto a smaller building next to the one Loki and Frey were on. Oh my gods, he is such an idiot. I yell at the einherjar's that wanted to help save lives to go back to the hotel and that Magnus and I got this. I wasn't confident at all that we had this. Not one bit. I ran as fast as I could to the building Magnus was on. He takes his pendant off and Jack forms. Jack then curses rather loudly in old Norse before saying something to Magnus. I couldn't hear it because there was wind clogging up my ears because I was running so fast. I used my new einherjar enhanced abilities to jump on top of the building with Magnus on it quickly because I knew there wasn't much time left before everything froze. Yes, I was freezing cold with the portal next to me even though I had a snow jacket on, yet adrenaline pumping through my veins made me forget about me being cold. I now stood next to Magnus. Loki was facing us with an evil smirk on his face. The tar substance by Frey's feet made him turn to face the opposite direction of us. That's when my mind concluded that Loki could control the tar. Magnus's face was unreadable, I couldn't tell what was going on inside his brain at all.

"It's almost the start of Ragnarök," Loki hisses, "Shouldn't you two be awaiting Odin's instructions to destroy me"

Then without warning, Magnus flings his sword towards Loki. It impales him in the heart and the staggering weight of the sword makes him tumble off the side of the roof. I knew he would only be dead for a little bit and respawn back at his lair, but a little bit can feel like a lifetime. Magnus's sword then comes flying back towards him and lands on the ground in front of him. The sword is saying something, I can hear the vibrations of someone talking in that direction, yet I can't hear what he is saying. My mind blocks out my hearing, and all instinct, as I jump off the edge of the building and up onto the one Frey is on. He is still holding the portal up, still crying. I didn't think that the tar at his feet would be poisonous, but once I touched it to try to move it, I knew it was. My hand started to feel as if it were on fire, and my mind started to get foggy, yet I kept moving the tar away from him. It was the least I could do before I died. I knew I would die soon and go to Helheim because of the poison. I knew there was no use in trying to fight the poisons as it crippeld my skin. I could faintly hear screaming and shouting as my arms started to dissolve. I moved the last of the tar away from Frey's feet. He fell to the ground next to me. Then I saw Magnus jump over to this building and run over to me. He was screaming something I couldn't hear. I moved all the tar that I could away from both of them and off the side of the building. Then I looked at my bloody stumps of arms and died.