You Glowed! (FLUFFDY FLUFF FLUFF!)

Magnus Chase's POV

Alex and I are sitting my atrium, talking, relaxing, and overall being at peace. She is looking as stunning as always, and we are sitting so close together, and the way she talks about her favorite things make me feel a certain way. More than just friendship, more than a strong bond between us, more then like, more than love, and I don't know what it is. It's like having a gigantic crush on her, but knowing she'll never like you back, so you lock away your feelings and your heart. You know what, that's exactly what is happening and exactly how I feel. She probably thinks that we are just friends and nothing more. She just doesn't understand I like her, or I thought she didn't until this happened. 

"Maggie have you ever had a crush so strong it breaks you just to think about you not being with them?" Alex asks me.

"Uh, um, yep, yeah," I stutter.

The question caught me off guard. Why would she want to know that? She looks over at me and smiles slightly. Then she takes a deep breath and looks away from me and out towards the window. 

"Maggie I don't know how to say this," She says and tucks a strand of her green hair behind her ear, "I l..ik...e you a lot more than like,"

She looks at the ground as I stare at her in disbelief. She likes me the same way! She likes me the same way! 

"Oh my gods Alex I never thought I would hear you say those words," I say, "I like you a lot too,"

She looks over at me with a small grin on her face.

"Really? You like me like that?" She asks.

"I do Alex, I really do," I say and smile. 

To prove my point, I move my face closer to hers and kiss her on the cheek. But for the split second, I kiss her, I start to glow. I pull back automatically. Alex looks scared and worried.

"You glowed!" She says in a shrill tone. 

"I am sorry, I didn't know, I don't know, I am so sorry, I didn't sense anything about your life or anything if you wanted to know, I'm sorry, really sorry," I stammer. 

Alex cuts me off with a surprisingly calm voice, "It's okay Maggie, I believe you, I just don't understand why you started to glow, "

"Me either," I say as my body starts to dim.

I watch as my body dims in light and finally turns back to my normal color. I then look back up to Alex, who is looking me straight in the eyes.

"I mean I am not hurt or anything, so how possibly did you start to glow?" She asks in an exasperated tone. 

"I.....don't know, maybe if I kissed you again I could see if it was just a fluke or not," I say.

Alex grins slyly and says, "Did you just ask to kiss me, Maggie?"

"Well, um, yeah," I stammer.

She leans forward and kisses me this time, but not on the cheek, on the lips. I close my eyes and let my lips sink into rhythm with hers. We both forget I am glowing and we both forget about everything. We just kiss, and she is so good at it.