Chapter 20 - Spell Combos

"Ahem! Ahem! Ah........ heheha, so? Spell Combos exist here as well?" - As I limply said, as I stagger along the edge of the arena.

Spell Combos.

One of the if not the most important aspect of SGO. It is to put it simply, a system where you can combine spells. Like for example, if you have for say Fire Ball and Ice Shard with you. You can 'Combine' the two spells together to create Fire Shard. a spell of the two.

It is something simillar like the combo moves in Alley Fighter, or even the spell combinations that the older MMO's used before. But this one is much more sophisticated and complex than those ever were.

You can change how much the spells mix in for each other like a 10% Fire ball and a 90% Ice Shard. It's not just mixing two spells either, you can combine three spells, or even four spells. But all of this needs of course, Mana.

Mana is the lifeblood of Magic. But even with that Mana is not the only thing you need for Spell Combos, each player's skills are.

Each player has their strengths and weaknesses, and so too are their Spell Combos. One cannot simply copy another person's Spell Combos, even if you have the exact conditions as the one you try copying, if has about 1/100 chance of being exactly the same. So Spell Combos are your personal spells. Although there are Spell Combos that are more common then the others, that is usually because they're simple and can be casted at a low level. Besides from those, this are the main differences from a regular spell which everybody can use.

But you can't just make a Spell Combo willy-nilly. You have to stabilize it by matching your own spells with your skills, chanting the spells in a correct order, adding the right amount of the spell in it to not overpower the other, and making sure that the spells aren't too contradictory to each other. If one of these fails you'll get a weaker spell from a regular one, and can also cause damaged and a penalty. And curses too, on rare occasions.

It's because of this mechanic that Swords & Guns Online receive much of it's popularity. Players pride themselves with their cool and powerful spell combos, second only to their gear. A Flaming white horse with hypnotic powers, a tornado that shoots out swords with status effects, and a landslide where the rocks explode. Spell Combos are almost limitless.

"Yes, I implemented it in this world. So I would hope I'd be entertained Rin Sayaki." - As the man stroke his beard in another realm, watching him or her.

=========================

{Heal!}

"Gah!"

Pain. As the noices of my guts started to reganerate, I close my eyes in fear as I'm too afraid to look at my burnt wound.

{Pain Killers!}

"God damn it that stings!" - I shout, as I hold my wound to heal it off.

As I bit my lips to the excruciating pain, even as I cast my spell to stop this hell on my shoulder happening from me, it still hurts like ass.

After me and Carmine confronted each other at the middle of the arena, we both sustained injuries on both sides. As I had hit her in the face with my water spell, so too had she hit me with her spell combo of fire.

My breathing becomes heavily erratic, with huffs and puffs in different melodies, as my lungs and heart in desperate need I hold my hand to my chest and can feel my beating very clearly.

The pain seems almost endless, like it was going to be there forever. But fortunately for me that's not going to be the case.

"Ha... Ha... Ah." - After several seconds of internal stabs in my shoulder, the pain is mostly gone.