Chapter Nine- I Do

Sorry this was a pretty short chapter but i have another one which is almost finished which i will upload tonight :) x enjoy (please vote, comment or fan maybe :3 <3 )

Chapter Nine- I Do

“Jason?” 

“Jason!”

“Jason, wake up!” Alice hissed.

The only reply Alice received was a low, almost inaudible murmur. The suntanned back that faced her moved ever so slightly, the muscles and shoulder blades flexing enticingly. 

Too shy to push against his bare back to wake him up, Alice pressed her toes against his ankles and nudged them ever so slightly. 

“Jason!”

Alice gulped as her husband rolled over in his sleep. His smooth ebony tresses falling loosely over his eyes. A small smile played on his lips.

“Wake up!” Alice begged quietly, “Please!”

Jason’s jaw tightened at the sound of her voice. Almost as if he heard the hint of distress in her whisper, he reached over and wrapped a toned arm around her torso.

The warmth from his breath caused a wave of goosebumps to sprout across the blonde’s arms and chest.  

“Jason?” Alice tried one last time. 

“Alice?” he breathed, “Why are you in my bed?”

“This is my bed!” she snarled back, a little more aggressively than intended.

Jason’s chocolate tinted eyes blinked open. His brow furrowed in thought for a few seconds, before he relaxed his expression.

“Do you want me to leave?” he sighed.

Alice felt her face redden, and she prayed her husband couldn’t see her blush in the darkness.

“No...” she admitted, her voice a faint whisper, “Stay.”

----------------------

The room was hushed and peaceful. The only sound to be heard was the two young people’s breathing. In perfect harmony, they inhaled sweet summer air and exhaled with soft sighs. Even in their sleep, they knew they were happy. They were happy together.

A narrow slice of golden sunlight peeked through a gap in the beige curtains, spreading across the two dozing figures. A pale spray of morning glow, shrouding the expanse of the bed. A man and a woman. Their faces soft in slumber. Their arms entwined. Their fingers interlaced.

They stayed like this. Until the sun was throwing light over the entire bedroom. The radiance dancing over the furniture. Coiling around the the shadows. Then they stirred. 

The nimble young woman emitted a gentle murmur under her breath. Her blonde hair shone like threads of gold under the veil of dawn. Her eyelids fluttered open. A pair of lime green eyes swept across the body in front of her. She smiled at the mop of jet black hair. The clear olive skin. The strong, handsome features. One mahogany coloured eye opened and then closed again, leaving a small smile behind.

“It’s rude to stare.” the young man teased, his voice low and husky.

Alice rolled her eyes playfully.

“It’s rude to slither into a lady’s bed in the middle of the night, uninvited.” she countered, grinning.

“You shouldn’t have left the door open!” Jason chuckled.

Alice sat up, beaming. 

“Well you shouldn’t.... You shouldn’t have... You...”

The man dissolved into laughter at his wife’s failed attempt to argue. His eyes squeezed shut as his face contorted with innocent chortling.