Chapter One- I Don't

hey guys! i dunno what to write here.. i normally have SOMETHING to waffle on about but i guess  ill just state the obvious fact that if u comment, vote etc. i willl be very grateful and love u forvever thanks - CoffeeFlavouredTears

Chapter One- I Don’t

The music sounded and the bride began to walk down the isle. Heads swiveled around to watch the young woman, dressed in a flowing white gown, as her steps echoed on the cold wooden floor. 

The lady cried silently beneath her veil. Soundless tears rolled softly down her cheeks as she reached her husband-to-be.

The young man turned to face his bride. He refused to let the tears, that were blurring his vision, escape.

The droning voice of the celebrant began. Alice shivered when the music ended.

“We are gathered here today...” the celebrant began, his eyes dull and lifeless.

Alice imagined the future she had always wished for. A happy family. A cozy house and a loving husband. She smiled at the people she saw in her mind. It looked right. That was what it should have been like. Alice drew in soft wet breaths as she watched her dream fade to nothing. 

“I do.” a man’s voice quivered beside her.

Butterflies attacked Alice’s stomach as she gulped back her dread.

The celebrant turned to look at Alice. 

“And do you, Alice Fabray, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

Alice’s bottom lip quivered. She looked up at the summer sky to try and hold back the tears that were forming in her eyes.

The silence was deafening. If that’s even possible. Alice could feel the disappointed eyes on her back. She was no longer kept warm by the thoughts of everything that could have been. They left her cold and alone even though she stood among other people.

Alice left the silence a while longer. Hundreds of options scurried though her mind in a blur.

Could i run?

I’ll just say quiet..

I could fake a heart attack...

What if i say no?

Someone might object if i wait long enough...

Alice closed her eyes tight and tried to imagine she was somewhere else. Anywhere else. 

She drew in a long breath through her nose and absorbed the sweet summer air.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

“Miss Fabray?” the cold voice of the celebrant ventured in a bored voice.

Alice’s eyes snapped open.

“Do you take, Jason Whilt, to be your lawfully wedded husband?” he pressed on in a unnecessarily condescending tone.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t.

I don’t...

“I...do” came the tiny, dangerously quivering voice of Alice Fabray.

“You may now kiss the bride.” the celebrant said finally, with a sick smile cracking his wrinkle quilted features in to deeper crevices. 

Alice turned to her new husband with tears glistening on her cheeks. The young man looked into her lime green eyes with the same regret nestled quietly behind them.

“Sorry” the young man with a mess of black hair and deep chestnut eyes, whispered shortly. And he leant forward and gently pressed his lips against Alice’s.

“I now pronounce you...” the celebrant paused for the sake of dramatics. “Husband and wife”

Not a sound crept up in the room at all until the heavy footsteps of a woman shook the silence and faded away as the lady adorned in white, ran from the room in cascades of tears, her veil billowing behind her.

if you have come this far then THANKS! Your really great! i will upload the next chapter ASAP (which for me is usually within a couple of days! xoxo