Chapter 3

Edward smiled at Franz, letting go of his hand, standing up from the chair he was on. 'Lauren, grab this new recruit a medical kit. It seems like Brooke forgot to get one.'

Lauren immediately nodded, before heading off outside the room, running to the medical bay. Once she was clearly out of sight, Edward looked to Brooke, seemingly annoyed, but managed to keep a smile.

'Brooke. For the completion of bringing our new associate to our organisation, I am promoting to Commander of the Mechs.' Edward said to her, which caught her off, making her stumble a bit. 

Brooke then managed to stand properly, and nodded to him respectfully. 'Yes, sir! I will not fail you.'

Edward smiled at Brooke, then turned to Franz, who was still looking at him. 'But, this young man shall become your knight. In doing so, you will train him in your own time.'

Instantly, Brooke's smile turned into a face of complete and absolute shock. But, before she could respond back, Lauren had come running back, carrying a red medical kit, ebroided with a white cross. Lauren took it to Edward, who proceeded to give it to Franz, laying it on top of the legs of Franz.

'Brooke, lead this young man to his living quarters.' Edward said, as Franz painfully began to open medical kit. 

As Edward and Lauren exited the interrogation room, Brooke helped with unpacking the medical kit, as Franz put his hands to rest, putting them on his stomach, his rib cage still broken.

Brooke finally took a small syringe filled with blue liquid. 'This is some military grade healing equipment. This syringe has some very powerful liquid in it, which has a chance of killing the person, but you should be fine.'

Before Franz could even have the chance of raising a finger to the substance, Brooke tore it out from the packaging, and jabbed it straight into his stomach, making him bite his lip in pain. The needle stayed inside his body for a little over five seconds, before Brooke took it out. She then rummaged through the medical kit, before finding a cotton bandage. Franz opened up his shirt to see the damage, but was relieved to see only a pinprick's worth of blood. Conveniently, Brooke then began putting the cotton bandage on.

Franz then sighed, pulling down his shirt, before Brooke zipped the medical kit closed. 'Get up. It's time to show you the place where you will be living in, from now onwards.'

Franz hesitated, thinking the liquid didn't work, but as he stood up, he could feel his legs returning to it's normal strength, and his arms working again. His stomach didn't hold a massive pain anymore, and his head didn't feel like it was going to burst from the inside out. As Brooke began to walk out from the interrogation room, Franz followed behind her, seeing the next rooms.

The corridor leading to other seperate rooms were much more pleasant than the interrogation room. It had a clean, white floor, mixed with Crimson walls. The detail in the walls were decent, showing off the original wood patterns of the wood.

'You like it?' Brooke asked Franz, making him look at her.

'Yes. Indeed. This place is very fancy.' Franz said, looking at Brooke.

Brooke led Franz to an iron door, at least seven feet tall. It was imprinted with various outlinings, with iron bolts on the corners. A keypad was attached to the side of the iron door, except it contained symbols instead of numbers. Brooke pressed five symbols on the keypad, as Franz took note of the symbols and the pattern of her fingers as she typed it in.

As soon as the code was pressed into the keypad. The door slid to the side, revealing a large metal staircase, which went down into another room, this time covered in metal pieces. As Brooke stepped on to the first metal step, an echo rang out across the entire area, making Franz's back shiver. She then continued to step down the stairs, Franz following behind her.