Part 16

Jax rode in the car and looked out the window looking at the bland world around him. He wondered what it would be like after the game was beaten, what would happen to everyone?
"We are nearing the lab, Mr. Vasser."
"Okay.."
Jax wasn't nervous or excited or anything like that, he was numb, wondering what's happened to Kai, wondering who's 'died' since he left, how many people were scared? What's gone on? Jax was numbed by fear.
"Where will you spawn me in?" Jax said curiously.
"The town of Dalmasca."
"Why not the tower?"
"We have a contact waiting for you, I believe you already know her."
"Okay.. What's my mission again?"
"Kill Lazaro."
"Is that it?"
"Yes, Mr. Vasser."
"I'm ready."
"Good"

When they arrived to the lab they put a bag over Jax's head and kicked him to the ground. He screamed out but the moment he made a sound his face was kicked in.
He couldn't see who was talking but he heard voices.
"You thought you'd save the world?!"
"You actually thought we were protecting you?"
"You're going to die like a dog."
"Patetic."
"This is their hero?"
Jax broke out of their hold and ripped the now bloody bag off his head and fought back like an animal fresh out of the cage.
"I'll rip you apart!" Jax screamed as he stomped a man's head into the ground and ripped someone else's throat out with his bare hands.
Another black car pulled up with the agents from before inside and they froze in fear of their hero.
"You think I'm pathetic?! I'll show you pathetic!" He ripped the men apart, blood splattering onto the clean concrete. The men who betrayed him were now dead.
    "Jaxson Vasser!" An agent called from behind him.
    Jax turned around with a murderous look in his eyes and blood covering his hands. He wanted to kill the men but something inside told him to trust these men.
    "What?" He said on the edge of murder and peace.
    "We tried to stop you before but you ran, we want to get you back in the game."
    "I hate liars"
    "Please Jax.. We have Kai waiting for you."
    Jax froze and looked into the man's eyes, "Take me to him.. NOW!"
    "Get in the car and we will."
    Jax ran and jumped into the car still covered in blood and shaking with adrenalin. He needed to see Kai as soon as possible and nothing was going to keep him from Kai.

------

Kai fell back asleep in the white room and woke up in a dark room where he couldn't move, it was warm and smelled sweet.

    What's happening? It's so warm and it smells so good. Maybe I should go back to bed and dream more...
    'Don't go back to sleep, Kai.'
    'Who are you?'
    'I'm you.'
    'But.. I'm me.'
    'You can't go back to bed.'
    'Why?'
    'You'll die.'
    'No I won't.'
    'Yes you will, you have to trust me, Kai.'
    I heard something outside but I couldn't move, see, or do anything about it. I can't go back to bed or something else will happen. Maybe I'll see Jax...
    'Do you know what the smell is other me?'
    'How do you not know what it is?'
    'I know it but can't place it..'
    'It's your love.'
    'JAX IS HERE?!'
    'No'
    'Then why does it smell like him?'
    'Figure it out.'
    'Man.. I'm an asshole.'
    Silence
    'Hello?'
    Nothing but the quiet.
    'Well fine then..'
    "AHHH FUCK IT HURTS" My entire body was burning, it was painful, was I dying?
    "SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE"
    Nothing
    "PLEASE"
    Silence
    "HELP"
-----

    "HELP"
    Jax heard Kai scream out in pain, begging for help, needing him.

    "Kai?!" I couldn't let him be hurt again, I sprinted as fast as I could go as the now dried blood pulled on my skin.
    "SOMEONE HELP ME, IT HURTS SO BAD!"
    "I'm coming Kai"
    I burst through the door to see a man over him, Kai wasn't fighting back, he wasn't moving.. Or breathing.
    "YOU BASTARD"
    Everything went black for a moment and when I came out of it the man was under me, he was bloody and dead.
    "..Kai I'm here" I held him against my chest and made sure nobody else touched me or him. I needed to protect him.
    "LET ME GO"
    I took the blindfold off of Kai and he thrashed until he looked up at me and his face dropped.
    "J-Jax..?"
    I nodded and he started crying, I held him against my chest and rubbed his back.
    "I-I'm sorry.." I left him in his time of need.. He loved me, maybe he still does but now I know that I love this boy and I will protect him with my life.
    "Why?"
    "I ran away from you when you said you loved me..." I looked down because I was ashamed of myself.
    "It's okay, I get it, you don't love me..." He sounded so sad.
    I grabbed his face and kissed him as we sat on the floor, at first he didn't kiss back but after a moment he kissed me back. His lips were so soft and sweet, butterflies erupted in my stomach as we kissed.
    I pulled away and looked into his eyes, "I love you too."