Part 7

In the morning Jax looked over and saw Leon cooking some sort of meat that smelled delightful.
"Leon what are you cooking?" Jax says in nearly a whisper.
"I'm making breakfast, it's some meat I had from my last hunt and I had some sauce from the last inn I stayed in." He smiled.

It's like yesterday didn't happen, Leon bounced back so quickly. He probably has to do that a lot because he was alone...

Leon served Jax's food and handed him the plate, "I hope it's good" He smiled.
Jax had a bite and melted, it was an explosion in his mouth, the meat was cooked perfectly, it was juicy and the sauce complemented the meat's flavor perfectly. He took a breath, "It's so good."
Jax shoveled the rest in his mouth, not wanting it to get cold.
After they finished eating Jax and Leon packed up and went to the two doors, "Which door do we go through..?" Leon looked up at Jax with fear and confusion. He was looking for guidance and someone to know finally what's going to happen.
"It's the left door." Jax said it without hesitation, he sounded so sure of himself.

I remember the first time I deceived someone.. Watching them bleed out, beg for me to help, I want them attached to me.... I am the 17th floor beast.
Even though he was right I was disappointed that I didn't watch him die in agony.. Yet.

"Leon? You okay?" Jax looked worried about him.
"Yeah, let's continue" Leon smiled but Jax saw something was off about him.