Chapter One: Football Nights

Dinah

        I placed my hair in a ponytail, getting ready for the football game that was going to happen tonight. I usually never liked going to the games, even in high school, but my best friend. Kara, always dragged me to them, just because her brother was always the quarterback, and she was always crushing on one of the players. I could always get out of going to the games during high school because I would be in extracurricular activities and I would always tell Kara, I had meetings, so I wouldn't go and instead I would stay at home. But now, she knew I wasn't doing anything because we lived together, literally. We decided to get an apartment together and now I live with her, and she practically knows my entire schedule. I got my bomber jacket out of my closet and put on my boots.

        "Dinah, are you ready, we are going to be late." Kara said as she stood in the door of my bedroom.

        "It doesn't start until another hour." I laughed.

        "Well, we need to get good seating. I want for Luke to easily spot me. So, let's go before it gets any later." She demanded.

        "Okay, okay." I said and followed her out of my room and out of the apartment.

        We got into her car and drove to the school's stadium. It was a home game, and every time it was home, Kara always dragged me to it. But don't think she only dragged me to home games, she would sometimes also make me fly for the weekend and attend games with her, and I would sometimes get out of it when I would tell her I had to work, which was always a lie.

        Once we arrived, she quickly got out and made me hurry. "Come on Dee, we have to get good seats." She rushed.

         "I'm going woman." I said to her and hurried to catch up.

        We searched through the crowd to search for seats. Little did we know that it was almost full. Then we heard our names being called. When we searched for the voice, we found our friend, Kyle, waving his arms like a maniac. He was right in the center of the bleachers, right where Kara wanted to sit. She grabbed me by the arm and pulled towards Kyle's direction. I ended sitting in between the both.

        "I thought you girls might be coming, so I saved the both of you a seat." He said to us.

        I noticed that Kara wasn't paying attention, she was texting, so I thanked Kyle for her.

        "Thanks Kyle, that was sweet of you." I said to him. He had become a good friend since the first time we had met, which was at a party. After that night, he sort of started hanging out with us, but it was more with me than with Kara.

        "No problem. So, do you want to go to the stands with me. I wanted to pass by before I sat down, but I wanted to get the seats before someone else took them, so I waited here for you girls to arrive." He said.

        "Ah, yes please. Kara dragged me out of the apartment before I could grab anything. And I am really craving a hot dog with some chips." I said to him.

        "Well, let's go then. Kara can take care of the seats while we are gone." He said and stood up from his seat.

        "Kay, we are going to the concession stand, want something?" I asked her as she looked up at us, wondering where we were going.

        "Um, yes. Can you get me some Doritos, a Sprite and a Snickers bar, please?" She said and I only nodded before leaving with Kyle.

        "So, are you going to the after party?" Kyle asked.

        "Only if you go. Kara is really into this player and she would probably leave me by my own if I go with her, so are you going?" I asked him, I really didn't want to get ditched once we arrived at the party.