Chapter ♞ 41: Think... Thrice?!

Thank you to all who voted!
Part two is posted so can you all vote again (if you want!)? Also, if you did vote, please inbox me for your surprise! :)

-

Honestly, you didn't have much of a choice once you thought it over. You parents knew the twins, and surely, Hikaru and Kaoru weren't dumb enough to say anything regrettable.

... that was a huge lie, but there wasn't much you could do at this point.

Begrudgingly, you trekked to the Dean's Office and the closer you got, the heavier your backpack felt and the harder it was becoming to breath. This wasn't going to be easy.

Suddenly you stood in front of the intimidating large, mahogany doors, not daring to come inside. After a few moments of you pondering, a soft thud nearly scared the poop out of you, and you whipped around, clenching your chest.

A familiar male looked at you with blue eyes, and his blond tussled hair looked almost unkempt.

If Nao hadn't released a chuckle, the tension in the air would've been suffocating.

"Nao?" You questioned, scurrying away from the door and trying to collect your nerves. Nao offered you a genuine smile before giving your head a small pat. It slightly caught you off guard, but it was oddly comforting.

"How have you been Y/N?" He breathed out, as he retrieved his hand. "You look... tired. Like 'I'm-willing-to-kill-someone-right-now' kind of tired mixed with 'but-I'm-too-dead-inside'."

You pouted and punched his arm, not in the mood for lame jokes but his smile was contagious. You huffed a small laugh before fidgeting with your fingers, your H/C hair crowding your eyesight.

Technically, you and Nao had ended on good terms but it had been ages since you talked and-

"Wait- were you just watching me?" You looked at him, squinting accusingly. You pointed your fingers at him as you backed away.

Nao gave you a confused look before laughing again, this time, clutching his stomach as his laughs got louder. "Really?" He managed to gag out, in between laughter. "I have better things to do than stalk you."

"Then explain why you were just over there, standing and watching me?!"

"I was walking by," he was still laughing and it irked you, "and I saw you standing outside the door. You looked scared as hell, and I couldn't just leave you. I really only want to do one thing,"

Once again, you did a defensive pose. Just yesterday, both Hikaru and Kaoru had kissed you- having a third random guy smooch your lips would honestly irritate you.

But instead, Nao enveloped you in his arms.

He was a pretty decent hugger.

"Calm down," he murmured as he released you and gave a friendly wink. "It'll be fine, whatever you're doing. We've only been friends for a few weeks... and even though that didn't last too long..."

Flashbacks of one of the twins harassing Nao on your date with him with ketchup flashed back into your mind.

"I don't want to see you hurt or upset." He finished. "Knock'em dead, Y/N."