Chapter 25: Fruit Cocktail

Start from the beginning

So I took of my shirt then I put on that shirt instead.

Blake was stretching and so as Drew while Chace sat in front of me putting sun block and hiding from the sun.

“Scared of being black?” I joked.

“Not so much.” He replied. “Just protecting myself from unknown germs unlike you.”

What the hell?!

“Hey, I put sun block a while ago just so you know.” I said. “And you’re such a nerd.”

“I’m a first honor student during high school, how about you?” He said sarcastically.

“Second honor.” I answered flatly.

“Well then.” He smirked.

Ugh, I hate this guy’s guts.

I took an amount of sun block and started putting it in my arms then legs.

“Scared of the germs now?” As Chace took his shades and stood up.

As soon as I was done, I took my shade and stood up.

“How about a game of volleyball to shut your genius mouth then?” I challenged him.

“Sure why not?” Then he looked at the direction of Blake and Drew. “Psst! Drew, you on my side! Volleyball!”

“Why not? I’ll set up the things we need then.” Drew said going to the information booth to borrow stuffs.

After ten minutes, it was all set.

The first to serve was Chace.

The ball flew from the net and the serve was pretty high that I wasn’t able to catch it but good thing Blake hit it fast then the ball flew towards Drew then he made a forearm pass!

Then the ball flew again through the net then it was going towards my direction then I made a jump set!

The ball hit my wrist pretty hard then the ball flew from the sky that it landed to the ground of Chace’s side! Yes! A point!

Few people were watching us and they were clapping they’re hands for us.

Chace smirked. “You’re good.”

I smirked back. “Never underestimate me.”

The next to throw was us.

I decided to throw so I did an overhand serve.

The ball flew from the net and the ball was so near the ground but Chace swiftly slide through the ground and made a dig serve!

Chace threw the ball pretty low and Blake had to run to make a forearm throw again!

The ball flew past again then Drew made a jump serve!

The ball flew passed my arm and landed on the floor! We lost a point!

Next round was this time Drew.

He made an overhand serve then the ball flew passed Blake then I made a dig serve! Phew! That was close.

Chace made a jump serve then the ball flew passed Blake again so I made a forearm serve! It’s a good thing I studied volleyball when I was young.

This time, Drew missed the ball and Chace chased the direction of the ball until he tripped! Then the ball landed on the ground! Yes! Another point to us!

Chace stood up and brushed his knees then threw the ball at us.

It was our turn this time and Blake did his serve.