✧ sixteen ✧ special! ✧

↱ Yuki's POV ☙ ↲

┽ ╃ ╇ ╋ ╈ ╆ ┾

Sipping a cup of tea made my morning warm and relaxing. I got up from bed and dragged myself to the comfort room to start doing my daily routine.

While scrubbing my face, I remembered what day today is. The day I've been anticipating for. None other than Jeongguk's birthday!

I hurriedly poured warm water around my face and using a towel, I wiped the wet water on my face.

This is a very special for him. That's why I'm planning to buy a cake filled with choco toppings and candles for him to blow on.

While making my way to the bakery, I spotted a little boy begging for money. I pity them because they don't have enough for them to satisfy their needs.

"Hey, kid."

I called to him. Hoping he'll notice me since I didn't raise my voice that high. He turned to face me, his eyes were covered with black circles, it's like he didn't sleep for days.

I gave him some coins I found inside my pocket. You know, he needs it more than me. I smiled when he hurriedly went to the bakery I'm about to enter and bought two pieces of bread.

I entered as well and looked for some chocolate cake that's pleasing in the eyes of Kookie.

I told the cashier that I wanna buy the black forest flavored cake and she started packing it.

I bid thank you to the cashier and made my way outside when the kid awhile ago blocked me.

"T-thank you."

He shyly thanked me for being generous in a way. I patted his head and continued making my way to his home. Kookie's.

.
.
.
.
.

His apartment is just near my house so I decided to ring the doorbell. In just seconds, a messy haired Jeongguk greeted me with a grin on his face.

"Woah, young man-"

"Who is young man?"

His plump lips started to form a smirk on his face after he asked. I knew what he wanted to say out of those words.

He isn't a young man anymore, but already an adult. A cute adult. He told me that we should go inside his house since it's freezing outside. Because winter's fast approaching.

I placed the cake inside the fridge for our celebration in a while with the others. He invited our officemates and some of his classmates in high school.

All of them are actually thinking if we're going out but to be honest no. We are just too close to each ever since that event. It was unforgettable for me.

I know it's weird but it's the first time a man cried in front of me and shared his inner side to me. I felt I'm lucky that he had the courage to share those feelings within.

"Who was that girl, Kookie?" I asked him, looking straight in his black eyes.

"My ex fiancé." He answered coldly. Colder than the air we're encountering every winter.

I couldn't say a word. I was speechless at the same time confused. My mind is filled with questions again and I want him to answer those with explanations.

He took a deep breathe before saying, "I courted her for 3 years. Then we started dating after which. Our relationship lasted for about 8 years that's why I decided to propose to her. I planned everything, with the help of my friends, the proposal was a success. She said yes. It made me the happiest man alive not until our wedding day."

I look up to him and I witnessed how his tears started falling down from his eyes.

"W-what happened?" I asked stupidly. I hope it didn't hurt him but it did. More tears flowing, making his eyes watery.

"She left me. I followed her but I saw her with a man. They were kissing torridly. It hurt me a lot, to be honest.

I was about to ask more questions when he suddenly pulled me into his arms, making me shut my mouth and hug back.

Today, I wanna make him feel that I'm grateful to have him as a friend. Not only a friend but a special friend.

I prepared a birthday surprise ahead of time. Sajangnim was willing to help me with my plan, that's why I'm going to bring him at our setup.

.
.
.
.
.

"Where are the others, Yuks?"

"Sajangnim told me to fetch him on this address. His car broke down he said." I said, ignoring his question. But they are really are in his place.

"Let's head now? I mean his patience is...."

I nodded, telling him for us to get going. I smiled secretly when he turned his back. I can't believe I'm doing this...

Silence filled the room the whole ride. I can't wait what would his reaction be.

We finally arrived the said hotel. Yes, I booked a room for his birthday. Ugh that's how much important he is to me. This hotel is one of the so called 'Five Star Hotel' It is kinda expensive.

"He said his inside room 901." I informed him. He asked the worker where's the room located (which i already know) and started walking.

"Let's use the elevator. Too lazy to walk." He said. So we did.

After 1234567890987654321 years. I mean 3 minutes, we are in front of room 901. He knocked three times and we heard sajangmin saying, "Come in." in a low tone.

It took him 2 seconds before and he entered the room. Once the door opened, it revealed what's inside it. The room filled with party stuffs and guests welcomed the both us.

I saw him froze. He was dumbfounded with what he just saw.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEONGGUK!" All of us shouted with excitement making one tear drop to his cheek.

He faces me with a smirk on his face saying, "You planned this, huh?"

"So what?"

"Thank you."

And just by that Jeongguk may look tough but he is also as fragile as a crystal. I have to take good care of this man.

┽ ╃ ╇ ╋ ╈ ╆ ┾