Part 4

Hermione's pov

It has been a few days since the whole world cup incident and we are currently at the platform waiting to get on the train. I'm so glad to be back at school, i have missed all of my classes and the library.

I quickly said goodbye to Mrs. Weasley and walked inside the train. I found an empty compartment and placed my bag above. I was waiting for Harry and Ron, who seem to be taking their sweet time. They finally walked in with Ginny following them inside, Harry took a seat next to me while Ginny sat next to Ron.

"So Hermione I assume you have all your homework done?" Ron asks knowing fully well that I have done mine, unlike him

"Yep. And I assume you have none of yours done" I asked in the same tone as he did

"Yep"

We all just sat there in comfortable silence as the train started moving. As I looked out the window, I found myself thinking back to a few days ago. At the cup when we were hiding from death eaters, Harry pulled me on his lap and held me. It was so sweet and kind. He made me feel like nothing would ever hurt me and when he held me, it felt so natural as if he should always be doing that. Maybe I'm just over thinking it? I mean he is my best friend and best friends do that type of stuff. Right? I tried to glance at Harry but he was already be looking at me. Why was he looking at me? I have caught him looking at me quite a bit lately, I don't know why?

I decided to scoot a little closer to him just to see what happens. He looked at me smiling then moved a bit closer to me. I just felt like being with him, it has been like this over the last few days. This magnet seems to be pulling me closer to him, not that it's a bad thing....i just don't know what this means. My feelings are confusing right now. I just looked at him for awhile, noticing the sparkle in his eyes. It seems so easy to get lost in his eyes, i don't know how long we were looking at each other but someone soon got our attention.

"You two are so cute" Lavender Brown says as she stands at the entrance of our compartment

"What do you mean?" I questioned

"Well you two are dating of course. That's what the rumor is. We all read about what happened at the world cup. How you heroically went back to save Hermione from the death eaters" Lavender explains in a dreamy tone, she acts as though our life is romance novel.

"We are not dating and I'm pretty sure the daily prophet is lying about most of the story. That's something Rita Skeeter tends to do" Harry says awkwardly looking towards me

"Oh my mistake. Well i will catch you all later. Don't worry i will pass the message along" and with that Lavender left

I just saw both Ron and Ginny look at us in confusion. There was an awkward silence between us, since no one was saying anything. I moved away from Harry hoping to make it less awkward but he looked sad when I did. The silence went on for awhile until i finally got fed up with all the awkwardness.

"We best get our robes on. We will be there at any moment" I finally said leaving the compartment

Ginny's pov

I'm going to kill her if she is dating Harry. I have told her many times how much i liked him and now everyone thinks that their dating. What am i supposed to do? Harry won't even notice me, all he does and talks about is Hermione and quidditch. What should i do?

Later that night....

Harry's pov

I was sitting in the great hall eating dinner with Ron and Hermione and the sorting hat ceremony just finished. The feast was delicious as usual and we were enjoying every bite, especially Ron who seems to be devouring his food.

"So Harry did you hear we have a new defense against the dark arts teacher? His name is professor Moody and he used to be an auror" Hermione tells me clearly fascinated by that last detail

"Most of the cells in Azkaban are filled because of him. Plus he is crazy, it's probably why he isn't an auror anymore" Ron says overhearing our conversation

"Cool"

At least this teacher will know what he is talking about. I missed Professor Lupin though, i have sent him and Sirius a few letters but that's it.

Hermione's pov

After dinner that night we all went to the common room to hang out. I was sitting on the couch with Harry as we both started reading my quidditch book, he was trying to explain all the rules to me.

"Do you understand?" He asks

"Yes. But I still don't get why the beater is such an important job" I explain

"Wow. The great Hermione Granger doesn't understand something" He says sarcastically lightly elbowing me in the side, my side still felt a little tender

I hit his shoulder as i closed the book and placed it on the table.

"So how is your side?" He asks realizing where his arm hit

"Fine. It is still a bit sore, nothing that a healing spell won't fix. I just need to take off the bandages"

"Here allow me" Harry offers taking my hand and walking me up to his dorm

I laid down on his bed and he shut the door. I lifted my shirt up allowing him to take the bandages off.

"Okay this might hurt. So I'm going to do this quickly hoping it won't hurt terribly" Harry warns before ripping them off fast

"Ow! Harry that hurt" I complain rubbing my stomach

"I told you. Now move your hand so i can do a healing spell" He says laughing

"How do you know how to do a healing spell?" I asked confused, he never knew this before

"I asked Madame Pomfrey. Since we couldn't do magic a few days ago, i never had the chance to do it"

"You learned a healing spell for me?" I ask him a bit surprised, he never tried to learn spells before, even when i had to beg him

"Of course i did" He says

He placed his hand on my stomach as he was about to place the healing charm. I started to feel butterflies as his hand traced over my stomach, what is wrong with me? His hands lingered there a bit longer than expected, but i didn't mind. As he lifted up his wand, i heard the door open.

"What are you two doing!"