Part 21

I woke up to the sound of girls screaming. I looked over to see Lavender and Parvati holding up their dresses to the mirror and freaking out about the dance. The ball is tonight.

"The ball is tonight!" Lavender yells pulling me up from my bed

They make me jump around with them a bit before i sat back down on my bed.

"Yeah. It is....what time is it?" I ask yawning a bit

"About 7. We still have a hour till breakfast. So Hermione who are you taking to the ball? Since you turned Viktor down"

"A friend" I said before walking out of the room and over to the bathroom

I decided to take a shower and as I did, Harry came in my head as the warm water ran over me. I was so nervous for tonight, and I wanted everything to be perfect. I loved that boy and tonight I'm going to tell him. I don't care how young we are, I loved him.

After my shower i got dressed before heading down to the great hall. I walked in to see Harry hasn't come down yet. That's odd? I walked back to the common room and i headed up to where the boys dorms are, i knocked on Harry's door expecting him to answer but Ron does instead.

"Hey Ron i was wondering...."

"Harry is in the shower Hermione" Ron says in a sad tone

"Ron i came up here to see both you. Not just Harry, your my friend also. I was wondering why you both are not down for breakfast"

"It's fine Hermione. Listen are you two dating or what because i always see you guys together? You two even sleep in the same bed sometimes....that doesn't sound like friends"

"No we're just really good friends. Like i thought you and I were, but this year you have been treating me terribly. Being rude to Harry and I. You are not acting like yourself" I tell him honestly

"I just feel like all you do and hang out with Harry rather than me....and Ginny? Are you two are friends yet, you haven't talked to each other in days? What the hell is that about! There is something different about you this year. You are dressing different and not acting like yourself and all you do is talk about Harry. What is wrong with you!" Ron says rather rudely

"I'm still the same Hermione i have always been. You're the one who has changed. You and Harry always fight. So you're the one who needs to go back to the Ron who doesn't abandon his friends! Tell Harry i will see him in potions!" I yelled to Ron

I quickly walked away leaving him stunned. Since i practically missed breakfast i might as well head to herbology. I walked to my usual spot to hear everyone gushing about the ball rather than the lesson, it makes sense though. I'm really excited about the ball as well.

Later in potions....

"Hey mione. Ron told me you stopped by this morning" Harry says taking a seat next to me

"Yeah. I just came to see why you weren't at breakfast but he said you were in the shower. We ended up in an argument anyways....So are you excited for tonight?" I ask

"Absolutely. I can't wait to spend all night with you. Wait....what happened with Ron?"

"He says i need to change back to my old self. He thinks things have changed this year with me, which they clearly have" I explained in a whispering tone, if Snape catches us talking we will both be in trouble.

"You will always be the same kind, beautiful, and intelligent Hermione I have always known. Ron is just mad because you aren't helping him with his homework anymore"

I guess he is right.

"You know i was thinking about you this morning. I can't wait for tonight" I whispered in his ear, i started blushing.

"I can't wait either. It's will be nice just to have a break from the competition and just be with you tonight. I'm silk a little nervous about the dancing, but I think it's going to go great" He says laughing lightly

I look at him to see how happy he is. Happiness is not something that Harry can experience enough. I grabbed his hand under the table, then he turned at me and smiled

"We haven't been dating long, but I really...." I started to tell him exactly what i was thinking about this morning

"Potter! Granger! I understand that you feel like your so important that you don't need to pay attention, but listen when i am talking!" Snape yells at us causing us both to face him, breaking the moment we just had.

For the rest of class he just talks about defensive spells we could use when fighting each other. After lessons i said my goodbyes to Harry before heading up to my room to get ready for the ball. I walked into my closet and pulled out my dress.

It's a long pink gown with folds along the sides. Before changing I took another quick shower and applied a little bit of makeup, not too much since Harry told me i didn't need makeup to be beautiful. I then placed few spells to get control of my hair, i decided to place it in a nice updo with a strand of hair hanging out.

Finally the dress. I took a look in the mirror and i have to say, I think i look beautiful. I wonder how Harry is doing?

Harry's pov

"Ron your robes look ridiculous" I tell Ron looking at the sewn robes his mom sent him

"I know I'm going to be the laughing stock of the ball. I mean you look great, whatever girl your taking is lucky. How come your robes aren't funny?" He complains

I took one more look in the mirror before changing into my suit, i fixed my hair up so it wasn't as messy as it usually. I bet Hermione is going to look beautiful tonight....I mean she always does, it's going to take everything in my power not to kiss her tonight when we're dancing.

I looked over at the time, realizing I needed to be downstairs. I was told that champions needed to be early, Dumbledore wanted them and their dates to make an entrance. I quickly made my way downstairs and stood outside the great hall. All the champions were already with their dates. Now all I needed was Hermione, she must be here soon. Just then I heard gasps around me, confused at the sudden silence I turned around and looked at the stairs. It was Hermione.

"Whoa"