18.

*Flashback*

I was out in the forest but I didn't know why. Haley and Isla were here too. They were both clinging onto me like they were scared but I couldn't see anything to be scared about. Then I saw her the one and only Veronica. Standing in the middle of the forest with a gun. I wasn't scared until I remembered Haley and Isla. I couldn't let them die. I promised to keep them safe. If anything I was keeping that promise. I ran at her but she just stood there. The gun pointed at Haley. I was starting to get more scared by the minute. As I ran towards her it was as if I wasn't even there. She just kept the gun pointed at Haley. I was almost to her. I had about 10 yards to go. I was running at full speed and then...

*End Of Flashback*

I woke up in a cold sweat immediately looking to see if Isla and Haley were there. They were and Haley was still on my chest. I sighed in relief and held onto them both as tight as ever. Isla stirred in her sleep and I snuggled her closer to my side. That was one of the scarriest moments of my life. My heart was still pounding and when I looked at the clock it read 7:30 am. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and cluelessly scrolled through Instagram for about an hour. At around 8:30 Haley started waking up.

"Good morning princess." I said as her eyes fluttered open.

Haley's pov/

"Woah what are you doing up?" I asked seeing as it was only 8:30 in the morning.

"I had a bad dream and I couldn't fall back to sleep." He replied kissing my forehead.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said leaning up and giving him a proper kiss. "But how did I end up on your chest?" I continued.

"You slowly moved here after you fell asleep." He said chuckling.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to." I said turning a bit red.

I don't really mind." He replied smiling at me.

"How'd Isla get here?" I asked seeing the little girl cuddled up to his side.

"She got scared and couldn't sleep." He said frowning.

"What was she scared about?" I asked curiously.

"She thought Ver- I mean that girl was gonna find you guys and hurt you again." He said smiling toward her.

"She was scared for me? And not herself?" I asked.

"Yup, for as small of a girl she is. She's got quite a big heart." He replied as he kissed her head.

"How sweet." I said smiling. "I should probably get up so you can too."

"I wasn't planning on getting up until Isla woke up." He said as her eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning guys!" She said smiling.

"Good morning cutie. How are you?" I asked.

"I feel much better how do you feel?" She asked sitting up and crossing her legs.

"I feel okay I guess. I heard you were scared for me and I just want you to know that you don't need to be okay?" I said ending it in a question.

"Okay. I just don't want bubbys other princess to get hurt again because then he will be sad." Isla replied frowning. I couldn't help but smile at how adorable and caring she was.

"How about we got and get some pancakes?" I asked sitting up and feeling pain in my said. I yelped at the sudden pain.

"Babe are you okay?" Jack asked sitting up as well.

"My side. It hurts. So bad." I said beginning to cry.

"Hey Isla can you go get mom and ask her to come here really quick?" Jack said laying me on the bed where Isla once laid.

"Mommy!!! Jacky needs you!!! Haley is hurt!!" Isla yelled running down the stairs. I heard footsteps and then Kristin ran into the room with Isla trailing behind her.

"What happened?!?" She asked frantically.

"She tried to sit up and then she helped and started crying." Jack said frantically as tears began spilling from my eyes.

"Maybe we should get her to the hospital." Kristin suggested seeing the enormous bruise on my side then seeing the dried blood.

"This is all my fault!" Jack screamed in frustration as tears spilled from his eyes much, much, harder than before.

"Jack, I'll be okay." I said grabbing his hand as I began to feel light headed.

"I'm so sorry!" He apologized kissing my forehead.

"Jack, stop it's not your fault. It was an atrocious." I began whilst laughing causing Jack to laugh. "But it was an accident."

"But I know who did it!" Jack screamed crying harder pounding the bed with his fist in frustration.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered taken back by what he had said.

"It's Veronica. My ex. Mom you saw her. Why would she do this?" He said still crying and clutching my hand like the world depended on it.

"Honey I don't know. But it's not your fault." She said comforting him trying to make him calm down at least a little bit.

"Jack.... Its not your fault..." I said not being able to talk loudly because it hurt to breath or blink for that matter.

"Baby, don't talk. I'm right here. Just keep breathing and keep your eyes open." Jack said as he pressed another kiss to my temple although he didn't know how bad it hurt just to do those two simple things.

"I'm going to call an ambulance." Kristin said rushing out of the room as fast as she could.

"I... Love.... You....." I said as everything thing went black and memories started flooding back. All the good times and bad times Jack and I have had. Each one slowly slipped past. I felt more alive than ever reliving the memories again. Every kiss. Every touch. Every "I love you".

The end

Jk another chapter will be posted next Friday. Love you all!!😂 sorry this chapter was so dramatic😂😂