Chapter Thirty-Seven

Warning: Has not been edited

Avalon

I tried my best not to let my mother get to me. I tried so hard not to cry and just give up. It is taking every ounce of energy to not give up on humanity and this cruel expedition we call life.

Sin has helped. A lot.

We've spent almost every second of every day together and he has really out done himself in trying to lift my spirits.

The night it happened, we spent the rest of the day cuddled up watching rom-coms and pigging out on anything we could find. Which ended with his mom scolding us and making another trip to the grocery store.

The night after we went to dinner and a movie that I've really been wanting to see.

The night after that we went to a stand up comedy show. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life; I almost peed myself!

The nights after that we just lazed around and caught up with Tris, Justin and Clay. We've missed so much school- which killed me- that when we return we will have to do major catching up. Justin still hates me, but what's new?

Finally, Monday morning rolled around and it is time to get back to school.

Sin and I were currently sitting in his car.

As we opened the doors, the parking lot seemed to hush- coming to a quiet stand still. Everyone's eyes we're on us- more specifically me.

It didn't take long for news to travel in our small, quaint town and I was sure I would be the talk of the day.

Sin shielded me from their judging stares as we briskly walked towards my locker. As we reached it, Sin waited patiently for me to retrieve my books.

Tris and the guys walked up to us and she gently wrapped me in a tight hug.

"It'll be okay," she whispered. She held me at arms length and looked at me like a broken toy- full of sadness and pity.

The sound of heels echoed through the silent hallway- quickly approaching my friends and I.

"Well, well, well. Look at what the cops dragged in," Aria's voice screeched.

How did Decland ever stand listening to her voice?

I huffed loudly. "What do you want Aria?" I didn't try to hide the distaste in my mouth.

"Nothing. Just came by to see how the murdurers daughter is doing," she smirked.

I clenched my jaw and held my books tighter to my chest- taking deep breaths as Sin had instructed.

"I don't remember calling the prostitutes hotline this morning. Do you guys?" Sin asked. Everyone shook their heads with a slight laugh.

"But you know, if you wanted a piece of this," Clay motioned towards his body, "You could have just called, baby."

Aria and her sisters scoffed, looking at Clay with disdain.

"As if, clown boy. We wouldn't touch you if you were that last man standing," Ana sneered.

That caused Clay to snort and mumble an 'as if' under his breath. A small smile formed on my lips.

"So, did you help her murder him? Was it your plan all along? Was it revenge for leaving your pathetic ass and starting a family with someone better?" Aria taunted.

I felt my eye twitch listening to her voice. Just ignore her, I thought. But the smart ass in me wouldn't let it go.

"You would know all about that, wouldn't you?" I asked, referring to her mother. They used to be inseparable- her and her mother. Until her mother found a better guy and got knocked up.

Her face turned a shade of red.

"Whatever. At least I'm not a murderer- nor anyone in my family. We have class," she said, lifting her chin as if I were under her.

I let out a bitter, humorless laugh. "Let me guess, you're failing that one too?"

My friends laughed silently as they watched the drama. Sin placed a comforting hand on my lower back. I couldn't help but slowly lean back into the warmth of his palm.

Since when am I so comfortable with him?

"You should just go ahead and kill yourself. You're useless and pathetic. No one wants you here, Avalon," the way she said my name was full of hate.

"That's where you're wrong," Sin interjected. Arias eyes locked on his, daring him to say more. Knowing Sin, he would. "We want her here. No one cares about you, Aria. You're nothing but trash who would sleep with anyone for a penny in a dusty parking lot. What are you doing with your life, huh? Wasting it on dime store dresses-"

"This is Versace!"

"- and collecting every STD like Pokémon cards? You are the one who is a pathetic waste of air. You're barely passing school, you probably have already had six abortions this semester alone and you're not going anywhere in life but to daddy's bank account. Why don't you try and insult Avalon when you have your shit together? Maybe then you could compete and finally win at something- but it's still highly unlikely."

Aria's face went beet red- whether from embarrassment or anger, who knows. Not me, I was trying to hard not to laugh. Tris, Clay and Justin let out hoots of howling laughter. Even some of the other students laughed and 'ooo-ed'.

"Fuck you," she spat. She directed her glare towards me. "You are a disgusting bitch. I hope you get everything you deserve, your dad already did." She sneered.

I stopped laughing and looked at her steadily, not displaying any emotion.

"What did you just say?"

She smirked, thinking she finally got to me.

She did, in a sense. No one deserves to die like my father did. Not even her. She has no rights to talk to me like that- I've never done anything to her.

"Your. Daddy. Probably. Deserved. It." She repeated slowly, as if I was retarded.

I know its left off at a weird ending, but if I wouldn't have it would have been too long.

Don't forget to

C
O
M
M
E
N
T

A
N
D

V
O
T
E

Brittney 💜