Chapter Twenty-One

Warning: Has not been edited

A heat crept to my cold cheeks, warming my entire face.

He still stood there - unblinkingly - looking at me. It almost seemed as if he was looking through me.

When he saw the red tinge my skin, he smirked before leaning in next to my ear.

"Goodnight, Princess."

Those were the last words before he sauntered off into the bitter afternoon.

Gaining my composure, I hastily unlocked the front door and ran up to my room. My jacket made its way to my cream colored carpet as it slid off me. My shoes followed suit as I collapsed on my bed, internally thanking it for its comfort.

Mom wasn't home so I assume she is out getting drunk or at work. Bills are rising high and with her being out of work for a month, we're beginning to drown in them.

I grabbed some warm clothes and headed to the shower. As I entered the en-suite, I hit play on my iHome and let the music blare through the speakers.

I turned on the faucet, letting the water warm before stepping in. Water relaxes me, it always has and that is why I love showers so much. Plus, who wants to walk around smelling like a garbage truck took a crap on you? Not me!

I let the water wash over me, calming my already irregular heart. The melody of the music entrapping me in my already confused thoughts.

First they went to Decland. He has been really sweet and attentive for the past week. He even walked me to most of my classes- like a boyfriend.

Then there is Sin. He is truly the definition of a diamond in the rough. He seems all tough and hard to approach on the outside; but then he goes and does sweet stuff like warming my hands or walking me home.

It's too confusing. If this keeps on I might just have a heart attack.

I hopped out of the shower and wrapped a clean fluffy to el around myself. I looked at the steam covered mirror and wiped it off with my hand looking at my reflection.

My usually bright eyes were dull and lifeless surrounded with deep purple bags. The paleness of my skin was even worse. I was naturally pale and never held the ability to tan but right now, I look almost sickly. My lips were chapped and cracked, on the verge of bleeding if I didn't moisturize them soon. My hair was still shiny, but not as it used to be. The usual volume it contained was now depleted- leaving it flat and coarse. 

I sighed and looked away; unable to contain the disappointment of my current state. I knew I wasn't taking good care of myself, but I didn't think it was this bad.

Goosebumps arose on my skin, telling me to put some clothes on.

I hurriedly threw on my fuzzy pink pants and a loose fitting white v-neck. As I pushed my head thought the hole, the doorbell downstairs rang numerous times.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table seeing it was already almost nine o'clock.

Who could that be?

                                .•*•.

SIN

Damnit.

There I go again catching these useless things.

I've tried so hard to ignore it and push it into the furthest corner of my mind; it's useless.

I can't get her out of my fucking head. Her lips continue to haunt and tease my thoughts with something I'll never be able to have.

I took another swing at the punching bag letting out all of my frustrations. But with every punch, an image of her floats into my mind.