5

After about four hours, Luke decides he needs to go shopping. "Evan, could you come with me?" The Beta asks, smiling politely at the Alpha. Evan looks at Luke, then to Jon, then back at Luke. This could be a chance the two of them have alone.

The thought of that riles both the Omega and the Alpha up.

Jon's face flushes and he feels the pit of his stomach grow heavier, a small sharp pain in his back. He swallows a lump in his throat and looks to Luke, begging with his eyes.

Evan feels a growl rising in his throat, the smell of cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin spice still in the air. He feels it isn't from the baking anymore, and the thought of being alone with his small friend makes him excited. Maybe a little too excited.

"I could really do with an extra pair of hands, man." Luke tries again. "You're the strongest one here - no offence Jon." The Omega laughs weakly, leaning against the wall for support. The sudden urge to strip concerns him, and he needs Evan to leave immediately. His Omega could take over with such a powerful Alpha here. The Canasian sniffs the air, the scent stronger now, and he has to stop himself from growling. "Just- just fucking come with me." The Beta sighs, giving Jon a concerned look as he pulls Evan away, taking him out of the house.

As soon as they leave, Jon practically screams, clawing at the walls. He stumbles to his room and shoves a blanket under the door, not bothering to lock it and keeping himself inside. The Omega takes no time in stripping himself off, sweat covering his body. Slick drips down his legs and onto the floor, and a pain shoots through his back and stomach. He begins to feel like he's been set on fire.

Inside, he knows his Omega is frustrated that there was a perfectly good Alpha who could help him and he just let him run away.

He grunts and begins rubbing himself against the bed, wanting- needing friction. He wants contact. But there's nobody else in the house.

Jon groans and he twitches, spasming slightly. His eyes begin to prick with tears but he blinks them back. He will not cry. The Omega whimpers, his knees buckling. The small American falls onto the bed, pulling himself up and lying on his back. His limbs are weak and his whole body burns. Jon twitches again, jolting forward slightly, and a shout of pain echoes through the house.

But, throughout the pain and struggling, the Omega smells something. His eyes widen and begin to water. The smell of tobacco and burning wood. Him. The Omega struggles and tries to stand, but he freezes when the door cracks open. The towel is kicked out and a tall Alpha walks in, eyes red. He grins, growling. Jon whimpers, afraid. "S-stay... a-away..." He's too weak to say anything more, his voice a whisper. The Alpha laughs, looking straight into Jon's eyes.

Unlike their normal sapphire blue, his eyes are a murky brown. His Omega wants to leave and get away from his Alpha. Now.

He knows this Alpha. The one who has caused him pain in the past. Why he's never mated. Why he trusts no Alpha with himself while he's alone.

The reason why he's in a Red Heat.

Jon does his best to growl, but his throat is tight and his body is weak. "Poor little Jonny." The Alpha hisses, grinning. "Too bad your Alpha isn't here right now. It looks like you need one."

Jon whimpers, unable to move. "D-don't..." The Alpha ignores him, sauntering to the bed and standing beside the trembling Omega. His body spasms and he yelps in pain.

"Look at you. It's like you were waiting for me." Jon does his best to shake his head, but he spasms again.

And then the front door slams shut, a terrifying roar echoing through the house.

"Evan..."

Just earlier

Evan walks through the store with Luke, feeling both uneasy and riled up. He hates that he missed the opportunity to stay with Jon, but something feels... off. He felt like he was being watched as he left the house with Luke, and now he can only feel like something bad is happening to his friend. Around him, other shoppers move away from him. He must look uncomfortable and be letting off a strong smell.

"Dude, what the fuck has you so worked up?" The ginger Beta asks, holding his nose. It must be strong if he can smell it.

"Sorry, it's just... something feels wrong." He says, shifting. "About Jon." The Beta sighs.

"I'm sure he's fine." They walk around the store in silence for a minute or two before the Alpha speaks up again.

"Did you feel... watched?" Luke gives him a confused look. "Coming out of the house. I felt like someone was watching me." The Beta freezes, but the Alpha doesn't notice. "And now I feel like something's wrong with Jon." Before he knows it, Luke has grabbed his arm and is leading him out of the shop.

"We need to go." He demands, pulling him to the car. They hop in and Luke starts the engine. "I didn't tell you before, but Jon is an Omega." Just those words make Evan's head spin, a growl erupting from his throat. "He's in Red Heat and I've been protecting him from an Alpha who wants to hurt him."

A loud snarl tears from his throat and he glares out of the windsheild.

"Someone wants to hurt my Omega?" He spits, angry. He doesn't even think as he speaks, but Luke is thankful for Evan admitting he likes Jon.

"Yes. And Jon wants you." The Alpha's eyes burn a bright red, breathing heavy, and they pull into the driveway. The front door is wide open.

Evan jumps out of the car and barrels into the house, letting out a loud roar. The smell of burning wood and tobacco fill his nose, mixing with the sweet smell of cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin spice - an Omega in heat.

And an Alpha.

Evan's Alpha takes over, and he darts through the house, slamming into Jon's room. His eyes widen and he snarls. The Omega is lying naked on the bed, surrounded by his own bodily fluids, sweating. He looks pained and distraught, afraid.

And an Alpha.

Evan doesn't wait before grabbing the unknown Alpha by the neck, choking him. His nails dig into the flesh and he holds him high, growling at him, scowling deeply. "You're dead." He spits, the unknown Alpha struggling in his grasp.

"S-stop..." A weak voice begs, breathy and pained. Evan looks to the bed, Jon tearing up, his body spasming on occasion. The Alpha drops the other male, and he begins coughing.

"Leave. NOW!" The smaller male struggles to his feet, scrambling out of the house, but not without snarling and swearing to get them back.