chapter 17

ARJUN'S POV

" So just went there and proposed her?" Nik asked me for hundredth time.

" Yes" I replied patiently working on my laptop.

" So is there any good news ?"  Mum asked me excitedly .

"Yes, we will be getting married soon " I replied.

" No! I mean any other good news?" She asked .

" No mom . Meer is not pregnant , they hardly kissed each other" Sameer replied with 'duh' tone.

I just laughed at my family's excitement.

" We are going to their house day after tomorrow for engagement , meeru doesn't want big celebration . She just wants close family and friends for marriage" my dad announced .

I knew she would do that coz she's always a bit shy and feels awkward to meet new people . It felt good kissing her and that confession of hers made my day . My line of thoughts are interupted by my phone.

" Yes?" I answered formally as it is from my office.

'sir , New York clients are demanding your presence. They want to meet you in person and if your proposal is good they are going to give 40% of their shares and further invest in equipment for hospital. ' my pa informed.

" Okay , I will let you know the details of my visit , thank you " I disconnected.

This deal is very important. It fullfills my wish as well as my dad's along with my love's need for equipment.

" What is it son? " My dad asked me.

" New York clients have responded to our proposal and they want me to meet then personally" I replied grinning happily.

"That's great! So you will be gone for how many days?" Dad asked me.

" Don't know dad I am assuming it to be 5 days maximum " I replied back.

" When are you planning to go?" He asked.

" As soon as possible dad , they are willing to fund in equipment needed for our hospital" I answered .

" Better get married before that! " My mom squealed in excitement.

I chuckled and got up from my place, said my bye and started for my LIFE'S hospital.

Hospital was busy than usual. I reached Meera 's room and entered without knocking. She was reading some file, cursing under her breadth and getting back to it. It was funny watching her do that.

" Padma don't disturb me , m already disturbed enough" she said without lifting her head.

" I hope it's because of me " I answered smirking at her and sitting on chair opposite to her.

Her expression relaxed and she replied back " no ! Don't even try to act cockily ,  m tired got continuous emergency cases!"

" Broke so many hearts ?" I asked her.

" Shut up ! Now I am the in-charge of emergency ward . I worked whole night! " She answered tiredly.

I was worried. She is spoiling her health working late. " Who passed this order? Don't they know that you can't work at night?" I asked her.

" It's hospital rule , every year it gets shuffled and we end up being head to one department... And why can't I work at night?" She asked angrily.

" Oh baby! You are going to be married to me, don't you think we will be working together every night after marriage?" I asked her smirking a bit.

" What do yo... What!?! Shut up ! Why are you here? " She asked looking at her files blushing hardly.

" I came here to inform you that, certain company in New York liked our proposal and they invited me to meet personally, they are even willing to provide equipment" I answered her.

" When are you leaving?" She asked hesitatinly.

My! My! She is real concerned about me.

" Started missing me already? I will be going after our marriage" I replied her.

" What? Marriage? But it will be too late! She shouted at me.

" Trust me darling, it won't be. We will be engaged day after tomorrow and I am going to marry you by next Friday" I answered her.

" What? Next week? Day after tomorrow? ! I am not going to marry you any time soon! " She looked at me  bewildered.

" You will be mine. Remember. I will inform you when I am leaving" I said getting up from my seat walking around the Desk leaning a bit kissed her squarely on her lips.

" Take care till then" I said and pulled back but still close to her. Her blue eyes are shining with happiness and her cheeks are coloured red.

But our moment is destroyed by barging of her friend Khushi I guess.

I pulled back and stood straight ready to give her lecture about privacy but my words changed with that news she gave us.

" Your brother sid barged into my cabin pulled me up while I was treating and kissed me on my lips and just left from there! Who the hell does that??!" She shouted loudly.

We couldn't register what just she said but confirmed it by looking at her attire and exclaimed

"What. The. Fuck?!" We both yelled at same time.

It seems my friend needs some help.

" Bye Meera , I will go talk with him , handle her" I said and left from there.

Brother you are in serious trouble!

-------------

Please vote, comment and share my story.

Dedicated paushpaush