Chapter 2

Trigger warning ⚠️ attempt rape.

After the incident at school, Rebel decided it was time to take me home, for I already was having a rough day. Once I got home, I had to explain to my mom why I was home so early and why my clothes were drenched.

"Does he always treat you like that," my mother signed to me.

"Yes."

"Would you like me to talk to your principal tomorrow about what's going on?"

"No. I feel like I need to to this on my own," I signed back. "Besides, the principal kind of sucks with situations like these, you need to talk to the counselor if anything." My mom just nodded and I walked upstairs.

I hopped in the shower just to get myself warm from the cold water that was previously dumped on me. I washed my hair and body with vanilla scented everything. I just really like the smell of vanilla, and I honestly don't know why. I hopped back out of the shower and dried myself off, getting into clean clothes. Just because one incident happened today doesn't mean my day is over.

I walked down stairs and quickly grabbed an apple before telling my mom I was going to the pond. The pond was my sanctuary. No one but me has ever been there. It's hidden very well in the forest by the park. I made it look the way it does today.

The pond was beautifully untouched when I first saw it, but I added onto that beauty. I planted a huge variety of flowers, I cut the long grass that just looked unnecessary, and I cleaned the mini waterfall that had a bunch of dead bugs on it. Oh and I also took out the dead fish, and let me tell you, I may be mute, but I screamed at the top of my lungs the first time the fish slime touched me. On the bright side though, the water cleared up nicely after I removed the dead fish. On my way there I decided to quickly stop at my local library to return and check out a new book that Sam has been telling me to read. I only ever read the books she enjoys because she always seems to have a good taste in reading. I went to push the door in, but as the door opened I accidentally hit someone. I backed away from the door and went through the other door and immediately started to try and apologize, even if the person didn't understand a word I was signing.

The person stopped rubbing the part of his forehead that hit the glass door and looked up at me. It looked like he was leaving the record section of the library judging by the AC/DC Vinyl record he was holding. I was so focused on the vinyl record he had that once I looked at his face, I was immediately beat red. It was Tommy and boy did he look furious. I was getting ready to start apologizing, but before I got the chance he beat me to it with some very harsh words.

"Wow deaf mute, not only can't you hear, but you can't see either huh? Do you ever watch where you're going? You probably should," He said before leaving. I was so shocked that I was shaking. I don't know what it is about Tommy, but he intimidates me.

I decided that maybe today I won't go to the pond, I suddenly didn't feel like it. I was so bothered by what happened that I decided to just check out the book Sam told me about then go see her so she can explain the plot before I read it. I checked out the book Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and headed towards the Anderson's house.

I started walking through my mini short cut down the alley way on Mott Haven and midway through the alley I noticed a slight shuffle up ahead. I froze in my spot and saw it was a street fight. I got close enough to see but stayed far away enough to not be seen... but that didn't work, because I could slightly see one of the fighters get slightly distracted by my unexpected presence and then get the wind knocked out of him. I gasped and went to turn away, but I was grabbed by a really large man who was eyeing me up and down. I didn't know what to do so I went to scream... that was until his big meaty hand covered my mouth. The man threw me over his shoulder and started walking away with me. I started kicking as hard as I can, but he just held my feet down. I started crying. I was crying so hard that I couldn't breathe. I was afraid, and I was almost positive that I would be raped. It was at this point that I just wished that this man would shoot me, because death sounded more appealing at this point.

The man laid me on the ground behind a dumpster, and I started kicking and hitting at hard as I can. I wanted to scream but he was holding my mouth shut and I couldn't breathe from crying anyway.

The man just held me down harder and pulled out a knife. Before getting in my face. I could slightly make out the words he told me, it was something along the lines of "If you scream, I'll kill you" or it was "I'll cut you." I couldn't tell exactly because tears were flooding my eyes at this point.

I felt the man press his knife against my abdomen and he started to unbuckle my pants. I closed my eyes ready for any form of impact from what was about to happen, but the weight of the man was lifted off of me. I curled myself into a ball and covered my eyes with my hands. I still peaked through my fingers though.

Through my fingers I saw the man who was in the fight from three minutes earlier, and he was showing this man no mercy. By the time he was done, the man who took me was a bleeding mess and he was out cold.

The man from the fight turned to me and just looked up before walking away. He stopped midway down the aisle and turned and looked at me once more. I couldn't quite make out his face but I knew he was angered because I had made him lose his fight. I had been the reason for his loss of money.

After staring at me for a good ten minutes, I let out a shaky breath and put my face in my hands and let out some pretty hard sobs. I sat there and cried for an hour before I stood up and wiped the tears off of my face. I couldn't think of what else to do so I just ran. I ran for twelve minutes, going to the one place I never thought I would. My fathers grave.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Like/Vote/Comment?