The Graveyard

Again, not my artwork, no matter how much I wish. Happy update, in honor of 4K VIEWS!! Thank you guys so much for putting up with my crappy update schedule. (Or lack thereof) Also, this chapter is dedicated to Immaperson2134, for finally watching Voltron, and giving me someone else to fangirl with at school. Also, Elliephant9803, for putting up with both of us. Now, onto the story! (Sorry it is short-ish.)

Tap. Tap. She walked down the hallway, her shoes tapping along under her robes. Tap. Tap.  Such as simple sound, but it was a herald of death for so many innocent beings that called the universe home. Tap. Tap. Tap. She stopped. The druid bowed as she entered. "Lady Haggar, the weapon is ready," he reported.

 She smiled grimly. "Good. Let us remind the universe why they fear the Galra. Pick your targets and fire at will," she said softly. The druid bowed. "Vrepid Sa."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beam of light came out of nowhere. The trade ships, headed for Nadezhda,  didn't have any warning. With a flash of purple, they stopped moving, suspended in the darkness. Frantically, they tried to move, but it was as if they were not in control of their bodies. Frozen, they were unable to pilot their ships, and had nowhere left to go. Then the fighter drones swept in. With lasers flying around them, it appeared like fireworks going off, but this was no light show. Within minutes the trade ships, and everything in them, where no more then pieces of metal floating. Alone.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

The lions were floating through a graveyard. The paladins inside (and one mustached man) were silent as they took in the devastation. Whoever this had been, they hadn't been able to call for help. Nearly all people in the galaxy could communicate with the paladins, or have their distress signal communicated to them in some way. Finally, Keith broke the silence. "Who were these people?"

Coran frowned, surveying the wreckage. "If I had to wager a guess, I believe they were Nadexhda traders, heading home." He sighed. "The Galra must have a new weapon. That is the only thing that can explain this....." he trailed off, gesturing to the wreckage.

"Wait, didn't we defeat them?" Lance asked, with a confused look on his face. They had defeated Zarkon, right? Shiro answered his question a second later.

"Yes, and no. We did defeat Zarkon, but Haggar and the druids are still at large. They've gone to ground, and are directing the remnants of the Galra fleet from wherever their ship is. We haven't been able to find them yet."

Keith sighed. "Well, we had better head to Nadexhda, and let them know what happened," he said. Shiro nodded in agreement, and the lions began to dive to the swirling, blue planet below.

Hey guys! As some of you might know, I have entered this book, Taken Away, into the Voltron Wattys. If you like or love this book in anyway, please go over to Voltron-WA and vote. It is in the Pidge "Katie Holt" Gunderson category, and all you have to do is comment the title and my name in the comments for that category. Every vote will help. Thank you so much! Until next time!