Chapter 21

Author's note: I've been trying to get two chapters done for this day(my birthday), but everything's been quite hectic so I'm afraid that wasn't possible. Enjoy anyway.<3

Edited the 29th of January 2020: I've cleaned up the grammar, fixed most spelling errors and cleaned up the language a little, hope you enjoy!

The drunk's grandson was a loud, little boy and, quite honestly, annoying. I understand that you've lost someone dear, but haven't we all?

Well, maybe not the pinkette.

Anyway, we were staying at the drunk's place, surprisingly he cleaned up before entering the house. It didn't take me long to realize that his daughter didn't like him drinking and the reason he cleaned himself up was because he tried hiding it from her. Though she couldn't pay too much attention, since he clearly had booze stashed all over the place; I could smell it. It wasn't exactly a smell I liked; I'd had my fair share of run ins with drunk people, they can be so very cruel.

But whatever.

The stench hung in the air, yet it didn't seem like any of the others noticed. The drunk's daughter didn't seem to notice the smell either, she however noticed when I wrinkled my nose and tried to cover it with my hand. I could handle many things, but the smell of booze wasn't one of them. The daughter didn't comment though.

She however served food for us with a smile later that night, though the smile towards me was kinda icy though. Not that I minded much, she wasn't the first to look at me like that and she probably wouldn't be the last. Her son however was very up front about his dislike of us; when we first entered, he had screamed that we'd all die. Lovely sentiment really.

It only encouraged Naruto and Yuuto to train and Whitey clearly agreed, judging by how he had us all join up in a nearby clearing to train. He started by wanting us to do the tree walking exercise which we all did instantly, except the brood and the pinkette, though the pinkette was surprisingly quick at getting it. She didn't like the other training exercises that she was told to do, that the rest of us didn't do, though; like water walking, she really didn't like that. The brood wasn't too happy either, supposedly he had been the best in his academy class, and it didn't seem like he liked being the last to figure something out. He should really just get used to it; you can't always be the best at everything.

Whitey had them practicing close by, but he brought the boys and me with him to another clearing, where he could see the two, but they couldn't see us. That's where we ended up practicing my dad's old techniques for hours, through several days.

(¯'·._.··¸.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.,-(_Do fish feel wet?_)-,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸··._.·'¯)

Editing author here(which is still just me 😊): I concede that this isn't the right question to ask, the right question to ask is; do fish drink and can they, without leaving the water, become dehydrated? Don't blame me for weird questions, its 05:24 and I still haven't gone to bed... Sleep tight everyone! <3 

It didn't take long for me to realize that the drunk's daughter wasn't exactly a fan of mine; whenever I entered the house, I had to cover my nose and every time her mood turned sour at the sight of me. Weirdly enough the place seemed cleaner and cleaner every time I came back.

On the third day we were supposed to go train, but as the others left the house to go to the clearing, Whitey held me back, before I could leave the house. He gently redirected me till I was facing the drunk's daughter and firmly had me lower my hand from shielding my nose.

"Kaito, please tell Tsunami why you're hiding your nose in her house." He asked me and looked at the drunk's daughter, that stopped the cleaning, that she was doing, to look at us.

"The booze..." I slowly stated after an awkward silence, surprisingly her entire attention was on me at those two words and I, of course, blamed Whitey.

"Kaito here have a very good sense of smell and he can smell the booze, that your father has hidden in the house." Whitey stated with a closed eyed smile, where after he led me out of the house without a word.

Exactly what good did this do?

The stench of booze was gone, however, when we returned that evening and, so, I didn't need to cover my nose, and the drunk's daughter seemed to like me now though, which was kinda weird. But okay.

The next day we began following the drunk around as he went to work on the bridge and stuff, and the first few days after that the smell of booze would return, though the drunk's daughter instantly got rid of it each time. Every time I returned to her home, she looked at me and if I lifted my hand to cover my nose, she instantly went through cabinets and who knows what, but it made the smell disappear, so I was relieved.

She seemed happier too, and quite satisfied too, though the drunk didn't agree. He even tried smuggling booze back with us that one time we went shopping. It was surprising to see how much it affected the pinkette to see how little they had, honestly, I had been places like these so many times by now that it didn't affect me, but it hit her hard.

She went to the room instantly when we got back, while the drunk's daughter started yelling at the drunk, when one look at me gave away that he was bringing booze. Though I didn't care and went to the window instead and stared outside, the feeling of being watched had started while we were shopping, but it still hadn't gone away.

I annoyingly felt safer, when Whitey stepped up and stood close behind me, staring out as well. He too seemed to be aware of the eyes in the night, that was following our every move.