Chapter 6

Edited the 29th of January 2020: I've cleaned up the grammar, fixed most spelling errors and cleaned up the language a bit, hope you enjoy!<3

So, the Hokage was basically an old man with a pipe. He was clearly a grandfather and seemed to have a soft spot for Blob.

"Can't I keep him, sir?" Yuuto asked as he stood in front of the Hokage's desk.

"Kouki. You can't keep a human." I muttered annoyed once again, to which he looked at me with puppy eyes, it didn't exactly make it any better that Blob did too.

"Please, Kaito?! I'll feed him and everything." Yuuto pleaded and held on to my hand.

"If it'll make you less against it; I'll sleep on the ground without even a blanket and do anything you say!" Blob pleaded too and held my other hand, he was almost as tall as me, this is awkward...

The Hokage seemed just as surprised as I had been. I just stood there helplessly, how do you explain such a thing to a kid?

"He's not meant for travelling." I tried, once again, but was shot down.

"I'll teach him! Naruto-kun got an apartment, we could stay there till he's gotten used to it. I'll train him in sleeping outside every night!" Yuuto insisted.

Closely followed by Blob. "I can learn! Dattebayo!"

What's the matter with these two?

I glared at Whitey, wishing that he would just burn to ashes right here, right now. He gave them false hope and now I'm paying for it, since they refuse to let it go.

"You're being rude again, aren't you?" Whitey asked, to which I glared at him madly.

Then I sighed, fine, fine. I'll let it go, it's your problem now. Yuuto understood right away and turned to the Hokage. When he turned, Blob did so too soon after.

"Please, sir. I'll take real good care of him!" Yuuto said, and for quite a while the old man were silent.

"I don't doubt that, but I'm afraid that I can't allow it. You're not old enough." He finally stated and I sighed in relief.

One thing was to deal with one child, when alone, another was to deal with two.

"How old do you have to be?" Yuuto asked, not giving up on bringing his new friend/pet with him.

How did this even start? He never showed interest in having more family, any pets nor friends before.

"18." The old man said without batting an eyelid.

"But I'll take real good care of him!" Yuuto cried with the biggest puppy eyes he could make; you could basically see the old man's resolve fall apart.

"I guess that I could set the age to the absolute limit for you." He muttered, as soon the words left his mouth both Yuuto and Blob light up, while I went back to glaring at Whitey.

"How old is that?" Yuuto asked hopeful.

"16." The old man said and both boys looked sad once again, though Yuuto light up quickly.

"Then I'll come get him in 3 years!" Yuuto beamed.

"You're 13?" Whitey and the old man asked surprised.

I could sense the danger, but I wasn't quick enough to stop him, I only just reached him as he blurted it out.

"Iie, Iie, I'm 8. Iie, it's Kaito, he's 13. I can't wait till Naruto-kun can come, it's gonna be so fun being three travelling together..."I cut him off by pulling him back to my chest before he made it all worse, only then he seemed to understand what he just did.