Meanwhile elsewhere

Edited the 29th of January 2020: I've cleaned up the grammar, fixed most spelling errors and cleaned up the language a bit, hope you enjoy!<3

"Have anyone seen Kakashi today?" The Hokage asked as all the jounins, except one, had arrived at his office, where he waited with his chunin academy teacher.

When no one knew, where said jounin was at, the Hokage sighed deeply, trying to hide a smile. Though he had to give in and smile, when the chunin by his side gave a soft laugh.

"Iruka, if you please." He smiled at the chunin, who left instantly.

It was quiet as they all waited; the jounins curious as to why there had to be sent someone to get the tardy jounin as he was always late. Several minutes went by and a few of the jounins began to show annoyance, but when the chunin finally showed with a tousled jounin with rope and rope burns on his wrists and ankles they all had one question; what the f*ck?!

"So, care to inform us of what you did this time?" The Hokage asked in a chuckle, only to laugh lightly when the jounin in front of him shook his head. "Well then, shall we continue now that we're all here and not tied up elsewhere?"

None of the jounins really wanted to continue, they'd rather know what was going on with their fellow Shinobi, but the Hokage paid them no mind and instead turned to the glass ball on his table, a glass ball showing the inside of the classroom, where the newly made genins waited for their teacher to come and give them their teams. Slowly the jounins turned to the glass ball and watched the students as well.

"That's the Uchiha?" Kakashi asked when the brooding teen was in the center of the ball, silently noting that both Naruto and Yuuto were asleep at the very same table.

"And that's my cat." A certain ravenette laughed as she entered the room together with Ibiki, eyes zeroing in on the person in the glass ball that held her interest.

"Your cat? Who?" Asuma asked and leaned closer to the ball, studying the child whose reflection the ravenette playfully tapped.

"An S-ranked criminal one at that." Ibiki commented, ignoring the stir that his words brought to the group behind him as he too studied the reflection. "Kaito Kaiba. Which one is the little brother?"

"The one sleeping against Naruto." The Hokage answered with a chuckle and an amused look at his jounins.

"He looks well; I'd have thought that the little brother of a criminal would be dirtier and less innocent looking. Especially looking at the criminal in question; his clothes are baggy, got several holes and seem dusty and old, except the mask that looks new..." Asuma commented and leaned back from the glass ball, huffing out smoke.

"I got him that." Kakashi commented in a laid-back fashion, though his eye would have told a different story, had anyone bothered to look at him.

"Lord Hokage? Why is an S-ranked criminal amongst the genins?! Is this safe?" A female jounin asked worried.

"Because he isn't only an S-ranked criminal, Kurenai; he's also a child and willing to give up anything for his brother, he even threatened with killing anyone that touch his little brother. He's 13 years old, basically adopted Naruto within a few days of staying here and has been taking care of his brother for about 6 years; his brother wants to be a ninja one day and we offered them that. They are both genins of the leaf as of today, should they pass the final test." The Hokage answered the shocked woman and sighed. "Honestly, I'm more worried for him; if it was to protect his brother then he'd be willing to kill the whole village, that's true, but he'd also be willing to cut his own throat on the spot without a second thought. He's only 13."

"The child could be a great asset to the village, I'll give you that. But he'll need to be watched; perhaps a Hyuuga would be the best choice for his jounin sensei." Hiashi Hyuuga suggested with a side look on the child.

"Not necessarily I'm afraid, you see this particular child is wilder than he seems. If pushed, he will lash out; the only reason we haven't had any more incidents than we have is simply that we have taken that into account. I'm afraid that the proud nature of a Hyuuga wouldn't be the best way to handle him. Instead we should stick to having the same person in charge of him; they may have a weird relationship going on, but it seems to work." The Hokage denied and sent Kakashi's rope-burns a look with a chuckled. "A very weird relationship indeed."

"Who could be better than a Hyuuga?" Hiashi asked stoically and huffed when the Hokage motioned for Kakashi. "Kakashi is a very capably ninja, but he still can't possibly be better than a Hyuuga at a mission like this."

"He has been doing it for months now without a hitch. He's even begun to earn Kaito's trust if I'm not mistaken." The Hokage corrected the Hyuuga and sighed when the Hyuuga didn't back down, but instead said:

"Then I suggest a test..."