Chapter 19

Edited the 29th of January 2020: I've cleaned up the grammar, fixed most spelling errors and cleaned up the language a little, hope you enjoy!

For whatever reason I didn't as much as stir, when Whitey, in his sleep, touched my arm and I didn't wake up enough to realize once his hand took a hold of mine. But I was the first one to wake and as such I was the one to be faced with the fact that my hand was stuck in his, his hand was very warm, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Gently, as to not wake him up, I tried to pry his hand of mine, but it didn't seem to be possible.

Should I wake him? Or just keep trying?

I ended up doing neither, instead I stayed where I was and let my hand stay where it was. It took what felt like forever before he woke up, it was practically lunch when he finally got up; I did NOT blush, when his first reaction wasn't to let go.

I was up and everywhere else but near him, when he finally did let go. My hand felt weirdly cold...

I narrowed my eyes when he laughed, somebody is in a great mood today....

Surprising, when you think about the fact that he slept on the floor...

I woke up the boys and got both of them ready to go out for lunch, while pointily ignoring Whitey, who was being annoying. But then again, when isn't he?

"The Hokage dumped the idea of having the Hyuuga watch you instead of me. You're stuck with me once more." Whitey told me at the restaurant; he sat next to me and had leaned in close to my ear to whisper it, then he proceeded to chuckle once I jumped.

I glared at him, forgetting that I was ignoring him and started wishing pain upon him instead. He just chuckled once more, before telling me that we were actually supposed to start going on missions today, but he slept in, so our team would be waiting and would have been waiting for hours. I gave him a light glare and couldn't help but wonder if the pinkette was still on our team, turns out that she was, but she was only on probation and the only reason that she was as much as that was because her mother was quite highly placed in the civil counsel. She was however pretty subdued as the brood was ignoring her; can't really blame him. We spend the next week's time doing small 'missions' in the village; I had to actively try to keep both Naruto and Yuuto out of trouble. D*mn brats, but they're my brats.

Our 'missions' consisted of anything from walking dogs to cleaning rivers, even chasing cats. I admit that walking dogs weren't my thing, those creatures only want blood and they seem to very much like mine. I've got the scars to prove it.

I didn't say anything about it though, and quietly walked the dog that I was assigned. A large hairy dog, with very large sharp teeth, that looked like they'd hurt if it bit me.

Whitey seemed to notice that something was wrong, however he didn't seem to know what, which was just fine with me.

Somehow Naruto landed us a mission out of the village at the end of the week with some drunken bridge builder, who straight up reeked of alcohol. I already didn't like this. 

(Many thanks to Warpixie and Bored_Ravenclaw for the suggestion of using reeked; I really like reeked! :D)