Chapter 2

//Author's note// Picture on the side is Youko as a child. //Author's note end.//

Edited the 29th of January 2020: I've cleaned up the grammar, fixed most spelling errors and cleaned up language a bit, so please enjoy! <3

Youko had grown up as a trusting and naive child in a good family and a powerful clan, the Yomasukimis.

She was the firstborn of the main house, the next head of the clan.

She was the princess of the land of the moon, the queen to be, and the prodigy of the clan.

She was born with the clan's Kekkei Genkai, which had never happened in the history of the clan before.

But everything changed that day. A day that started so well:

It was her 7th birthday and, as happened every year, a festival was going to be held in her honor.

Youko was playing in the woods with her baby brother as the festival was being prepared, when she heard something.

Curiously she followed the noise with her brother's hand in hers and found a snake-like man.

He told her that he needed to see the head of the clan and, as the good girl she was raised to be, she showed him to her father.

That's when all hell broke loose.

The snake-man attacked.

Men and monsters attacked from the woods surrounding the clan grounds.

Her mother brought Youko and her brother to the basement, while their father was protecting them.

She disguised both Youko and her brother, gave them fake names and a bag with money, fake papers, and their real papers.

Then she told them to run and not look back, and Youko ran.

With her brother on her back, she ran like never before.

And she didn't look back.